Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 8 Apr 21, 05:45 AM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

Food choices with vegetables!

Hi all,

First trip to florida as an adult. Suffer from IBS along with a few other health conditions but eating no veg and greasy foods beyond a few days would literally destroy my stomach 🤣🤦.

Any one know of any healthy options in certain restaurants in or out of disney? Annoyingly Hubby and I dont eat fish but daughter does.

Thanks 😁
All-smiles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

We have found no problems eating healthily. There are healthy choices in most restaurants it's just that people don't always choose them. Most places will do plain food, a vegetarian and or vegan option, a gluten free option, a low salt option.

We learned a few years ago to go with what the Americans do, and order exactly how you want things. Things like dressings on the side, no butter, hold the sauce/chillies, that sort of thing. You just have to ask.

Even the fast food shacks in the parks will do some sort of salad and or fruit. (And we have found that even the fried chicken tenders and fries are quite plain and not greasy.)

Of the parks, Universal had the nicest veg/fruit rich food for us. They also had massive icing drenched pastries. The choices are out there.

The menus are all online too.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

If you’re looking for a more traditional type of meal the Liberty Inn at the Magic Kingdom serve pot roast, sliced turkey etc and mashed potato. You can get something similar at Hollywood Studios (Prime Time cafe) and the Garden Grill at Epcot. Meatloaf and gravy with mashed potato is widely available, and mashed potato in Florida tastes so much better than over here.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

As long as you like broccoli then you will be ok, it turns up on nearly every plate

As previously mentioned a lot of places have some sort of vegetable, just swap things out, they are very good at doing it with no fuss.
Old 8 Apr 21, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Look at Columbia harbour house as an example

They serve fried fish as their headline option, but they also serve grilled shrimp with rice / Chicken salad / salmon and veg

I think there are very few restaurants onsite and off that don’t have plenty of healthy options.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

Ahh thanks guys! Keep them coming!

Broccolli we actually all like so if most food is served with it then I'm sorted. I cant wait to eat all sorts of food but of course it has to be in moderation for my tummy haaa. So will have to have some healthy days! The good thing is we are in a villa so have the option of eating in if I need to some evenings but I sooo want to eat out as much as possible cos it's a holiday!
All-smiles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

Olive garden has some good options to choose from
Longhorn steakhouse too
Broccoli your in luck, but it’s usually on the firmer side more than usual
There are healthier options and just about everywhere is really helpful to get you what you want
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023. Voco Dubai 2024
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

I had a very nice pot roast with mash and root vegetables at the ABC Commisary in Hollywood Studios. DW had a chicken salad which she said was one of the best meals of the trip.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Cracker Barrel always have veg options to add to your meal as a side corn ,carrots , green beans , broccoli etc
One of my favorite is their meat loaf carrots green beans and sweet potatoe it’s out there if you look
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

Was also going to mention Cracker Barrel, they have so many options for veggies all are lovely
There are a lot of healthy options, you just need to pick them
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023. Voco Dubai 2024
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List