Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 15 Apr 21, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Beadybear
VIP Dibber

Our first Christmas at Disneyland 23-27th

Hello everyone,

I was hoping someone would be able to share their experiences with going to Disneyland on Christmas eve/day. What were the crowds like? What were the queues like? Does anyone have any hidden gems that we should go and look at or do?

We are really looking forward to experiencing Disney at Christmas so any information or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Beadybear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

We went the week before Christmas a few years ago, although we left on Christmas Eve and had Christmas itself at home. The crowds built up over the course of the week, and it was very busy by the weekend (I think Christmas Eve was the Sunday). We’d booked Auberge de Cendrillon on the Saturday (the only day they’d had availability) so it was good to have something we didn’t need to queue for.

We had the free bonus fastpasses that came with staying in the DLH which also helped - even without those, good use of the fastpass system has always helped us at busy times.

We’d been on all of our favourite rides and got a couple of long queues out of the way earlier in the week (ie meeting Santa and meeting Rapunzel - meeting her was my daughter’s number one wish, so we decided the long queue was worth it to make her dream come true!) As it got busier, we just headed to whatever had a shorter wait time on the app, spent more time just enjoying the amazing Christmas atmosphere and outdoor shows, and still got plenty done.

It was easily my favourite holiday ever, and I still get tingles thinking about it. I’m sure you’ll have a magical time!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025

Edited at 07:46 AM.
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer!
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We went 23-27th dec. it seemed more busier Christmas Eve and boxing day than it did Christmas Day but nothing unmanageable at all. We expected worse.
We managed to get so much done on Christmas morning, character meets, rides everything without much wait at all. We got there for opening and stayed until late lunch, let the little ones have a nap at the hotel and then back for the evening.

Only thing I regret was paying loads of money for the meal at hotel New York... it was not worth it at all and we left after the starter. I would say save your money on that haha.

It was one of our best Disneyland Paris holidays by far and was hoping to go again this year.
DisneyDreamer! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List