Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Apr 21, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
asmidir
Excited about Disney

Going to Discovery Cove late morning

Hi

I've read that for the best DC experience, it's best to get there between 7:30 and 8:00am

However with a party of 4 where I'm the only early riser I've been forced to learn ways to accommodate.

So if we're not bothered about the dolphin swim but maybe pre-booked sea venture and ray feeding, could we feasibly rock up at 10:00?

(maybe if we reserved seating too)
asmidir is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by asmidir View Post
Hi

I've read that for the best DC experience, it's best to get there between 7:30 and 8:00am

However with a party of 4 where I'm the only early riser I've been forced to learn ways to accommodate.

So if we're not bothered about the dolphin swim but maybe pre-booked sea venture and ray feeding, could we feasibly rock up at 10:00?

(maybe if we reserved seating too)
I think you would miss breakfast potentially at that time. From memory it is on until 10.30 but you’d have to check in etc. before heading to breakfast so you’d be cutting it fine. We are not early risers either and don’t do the dolphin swim but try to arrive by around 9 latest.

In terms of other experiences and ray feeding specifically, I believe you need to arrive earlier if you book anything like that, around 7/7.30 in order to check in and get your slot. I’d check on their website or email them but I am pretty sure this is the case.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I would be there at opening and tell the others that you look forward to catching up with them when they arrive.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Obviously it’s your holiday but personally there’s no way I’d be arriving that late. Seems like a waste.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Also the birds feed best in the morning, I always find going straight from breakfast around 8:30 works best, by the time you come out the aviary the lines for the wetsuits and changing rooms have gone.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyHaunt13
Excited about Disney

Arriving late to discovery cove seems like a terrible waste.

Surely they can get up early just once for such a wonderful experience?
HappyHaunt13 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Just change all the clocks so they think they are getting up at the usual time
Old 21 Apr 21, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I’d book it for day two or three when they are still jet lagged so waking early.
We did it without the swim and still needed all day.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

I agree about getting there early. Even with 3 teenagers we managed to get there for about 7.30am, but I’d say anytime before 9am to make the most of the park. Depending on the time of year, things can be affected by afternoon thunderstorms so if you were to arrive by 11ish potentially you could end up with only 3 or 4 hours.
Old 27 Apr 21, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

We always arrive around 07:30 it gives you time to get checked in, get your locker for the day and have breakfast before the pool areas open at 09:00.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List