Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 20 Apr 21, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist - do you like glee/pitch perfect/musicals?

started watching Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist yesterday, and absolutely loving it so far!

if you liked pitch perfect (or glee/perfect harmony) then you'll probably love this too, its got loads of faces you'll recognise, including mary steenburgen, peter gallagher and none other than lorelai gilmore herself!

it can be a bit silly/cheesy in places, but overall its lovely and heartwarming, and half of the time you'll end up with a massive grin on your face, or tears from something really sweet happening. Mo (alex newell) is an *amazing* singer, and im surprised i'd not come across them before. will definitely keep an eye out for them appearing in other things in future though!

so far i only have one minor criticism, and thats a minor technical thing...

why doesnt mitch have at least a text to speech app rather than just a massive visual keyboard. they work in the tech industry and zoey is lead programmer, she should know better, its 2019, we've made massive advancements in accessibility technology in the last 10 years! i'm sure this will be addressed and updated at some point in the story though. probably as a plotline for a new app/device for the company to make?

anyway, apparently its on all4 (or at least was) so go check it out! its currently halfway through airing season 2 in the US. at the rate i'm binging this, ill be up to date by thursday night
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Oh, I got excited then because I thought season 2 might be on All4!

Loved this series. Incidentally I am currently binge-watching Glee on Disney+ because once it went to Sky I wasn’t able to access it previously. When the character of Wade/Unique was introduced I spent a good 10 minutes trying to figure where I had seen them before, and eventually realising they played Mo on Zoey!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

so i finished season 1 last night. absolutely love this show.

the finale had me in tears, but that ending was also really sweet

starting season 2 later! i think its all aired in the US apart from the last episode, which i believe airs next week
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
So is Season 2 on All4 now then? Thanks, will definitely watch!
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

i have no idea, sorry!
Old 21 Apr 21, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

What are you watching it on then?
Old 21 Apr 21, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

in short...

sonarr automatically downloads and manages all my tv. its a free app and takes maybe half an hour to set up. as is nzbget and an nzb indexer account. i pay $16 every quarter for a usenetnow.net account to download stuff. until shows are given releases that are easy to watch in the UK within 24 hours of it airing in the US, i'm not going to feel guity about downloading. i pay plenty for legit accounts (disney+, netflix, prime, hbo max, appletv+, britbox and hulu - the first 3 are permanent, the latter i sub to as and when theres stuff i want to watch)

it helps if you have a machine that is switched on permanently (it runs on my synology nas box which is a posh networked hard disk) but not essential.

sonarr then watches for new episodes coming out, downloads them and they just sit on my network ready to watch from my firetv running kodi/plex

most episodes appear on my drive overnight ready for watching the next day, most of the stuff i watch is US tv, so usually airs around 2-3am uk time. but once youve got everything set up, you just leave it to go off and do its thing...

Edited at 01:56 PM.
Old 21 Apr 21, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

I pay for US iTunes / Hulu / Disney + etc
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
in short...

sonarr automatically downloads and manages all my tv. its a free app and takes maybe half an hour to set up. as is nzbget and an nzb indexer account. i pay $16 every quarter for a usenetnow.net account to download stuff. until shows are given releases that are easy to watch in the UK within 24 hours of it airing in the US, i'm not going to feel guity about downloading. i pay plenty for legit accounts (disney+, netflix, prime, hbo max, appletv+, britbox and hulu - the first 3 are permanent, the latter i sub to as and when theres stuff i want to watch)

it helps if you have a machine that is switched on permanently (it runs on my synology nas box which is a posh networked hard disk) but not essential.

sonarr then watches for new episodes coming out, downloads them and they just sit on my network ready to watch from my firetv running kodi/plex

most episodes appear on my drive overnight ready for watching the next day, most of the stuff i watch is US tv, so usually airs around 2-3am uk time. but once youve got everything set up, you just leave it to go off and do its thing...
Never knew it could be so... automated!
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

if you already have a library of tv stuff, just point sonarr at it and tell it to scan it. it ill then index and monitor the shows for new episodes. if youre setting up from scratch, just add all the TV shows you want (and whether to download it all, or just the latest/future seasons/episodes) and just let it do its stuff

it requires a bit of effort and some technical knowledge, but it's pretty easy and almost maintenance free once youre done with it...