Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 15 Apr 21, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn321
Very Serious Dibber

Were going through this now. Finally made the decision to call it a day and cancel everything.

Our insurer - topdog insurance are refusing the cancellation invoice sent from florida escapes and say because the tickets can be used or postponed they will not pay out.

Anyone had any luck claiming for tickets?
martyn321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by martyn321 View Post
Were going through this now. Finally made the decision to call it a day and cancel everything.

Our insurer - topdog insurance are refusing the cancellation invoice sent from florida escapes and say because the tickets can be used or postponed they will not pay out.
That seems a bit odd for your insurance to say that.

If you have a cancellation invoice then that means the tickets are cancelled and therefore can't be used. So does your insurer have some other piece of paper that trumps the cancellation invoice saying that the tickets haven't been cancelled and can still be used?

Admittedly, if Florida Escapes has cancelled the tickets then they should provide you a refund (or, at least, a partial refund minus admin fees and all that). So I can understand if your insurer was saying that your supplier should be the one providing the money, not them, and if that supplier has broken their terms and conditions then this is a legal matter not an insurance matter.

Anyway, I must remember not to use Florida Escapes for any tickets in the future.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 02:54 PM.
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Fenland girl
Very Serious Dibber

Fenland girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Hi, I have a Disney two week ultimate that I bought from Florida Escapes in December 2019 for use in September 2020 which obviously I didn’t get to use. I’m planning to return in Feb 2022 and would like to extend my ticket. Florida Escapes are telling me I need to co tact Disney directly to do this. Has anyone done this? Who in Disney did you contact? I fear, based on comments in this thread, that Florida Escapes are giving me incorrect advice and I will be wasting my time.
Fenland girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Bulldogmason
Getting to know the DIBB

Funny you should say that as Florida Escapes emailed me this exact thing yesterday.

A couple of weeks ago I managed to get them to extend our 2020 tickets to 2021 as we’re rebooked for this coming October but I did ask the question that if we have to rearrange again to 2022 could they upgrade the tickets again and that’s what they told me also. I haven’t contacted anyone at Disney yet to ask this question.
Bulldogmason is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Fenland girl
Very Serious Dibber

Fenland girl's Reviews
Thanks Bulldogmason. Will have a root around on line tomorrow and see what further guidance I can get and will post it here.
Fenland girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
millerj
Helping Minnie

We were due to travel last October and had 14 day tickets issued by Florida escapes

As we bought then just before they got taken off sale in may we were issued with will call tickets instead of paper ones

Come September out flights were cancelled so we spent several weeks being given the run around by Florida escapes we submitted an insurance claim.

Our insurance claim was paid out in December for the cost of the tickets based on the cancellation form from Florida escapes and confirmation the flights had been cancelled
. We are insured on an annual policy with Asda.

When I logged into my Disney account a couple of weeks ago I noticed the tickets were still attached to my account so I spoke to Disney and was told they will sit there indefinitely and when we return we out the cost of those tickets towards the cost of new tickets and just pay the difference the insurance company confirmed this was all ok

We are not planning to return in the next few years but we have them to put towards a future trip

I would never use Florida escapes again and would advise anyone else to stay far far away from them as well

I hope you manage to get something sorted
millerj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Fenland girl
Very Serious Dibber

Fenland girl's Reviews
Bulldogmason, according to the Disney UK website our tickets can be used towards new tickets. Please see the link below, which includes a link at the bottom to email Disney. I have emailed Disney, so fingers crossed ...

disneyworld/faq/tickets/ticket-dates/
Old 17 Apr 21, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Fenland girl
Very Serious Dibber

Fenland girl's Reviews
Originally Posted by millerj View Post
We were due to travel last October and had 14 day tickets issued by Florida escapes

As we bought then just before they got taken off sale in may we were issued with will call tickets instead of paper ones

Come September out flights were cancelled so we spent several weeks being given the run around by Florida escapes we submitted an insurance claim.

Our insurance claim was paid out in December for the cost of the tickets based on the cancellation form from Florida escapes and confirmation the flights had been cancelled
. We are insured on an annual policy with Asda.

When I logged into my Disney account a couple of weeks ago I noticed the tickets were still attached to my account so I spoke to Disney and was told they will sit there indefinitely and when we return we out the cost of those tickets towards the cost of new tickets and just pay the difference the insurance company confirmed this was all ok

We are not planning to return in the next few years but we have them to put towards a future trip

I would never use Florida escapes again and would advise anyone else to stay far far away from them as well

I hope you manage to get something sorted
Thanks Millerj, appreciate you sharing that - it is encouraging to hear and gives me a lot of hope.
Old 22 Apr 21, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
martyn321
Very Serious Dibber

So, i sent the cancellation invoice from florida escapes for a second time and now insurance is paying out. I guess they are literally going through thousands of claims a day, a little perserverance has paid off.

Now got to try and get money back from visit orlando seaworld tickets!
martyn321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 21, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
AlanScotland
Gone all Goofy

I finally got the remainder of my money from Florida Escapes. I had bought a 2020 combo package of Disney and Universal tickets. They refused to deal with me as I could technically use the tickets. Disney couldn't upgrade the ticket for use in 2022 as they weren't bought direct from Disney.

Eventually I emailed Universal Studios my ticket serial numbers and discovered they were actually void as Florida Escapes had been refunded for my Universal Tickets and had retained the money. I was also told that Florida Escapes didn't actually purchase my tickets direct from Universal, the refund had been via a US car rental company!

Anyway, I got my Universal Money back after a series of strongly worded emails which followed an attempt at a chargeback via the bank. No Disney money though until I again argued for weeks more that they had advertised and sold me a combo ticket, not two separate tickets, and a less than 40% refund wasn't on.

Finally received the last of my refund yesterday. Horrible experience with them. Sparse communication (even when I involved senior people at Hays Travel who effectively own them). Disney tickets that can't be upgraded via Disney only via Florida Escapes if they ever reply to you. Universal tickets they refunded for their own benefit on the fly.

Had I not discovered the Universal tickets had been refunded to them (they argued at a tribunal with my bank that the tickets were valid and I therefore couldn't get a chargeback) I woild have received nothing back and worse, Florida Escapes would have pocketed my money AND a refund.

Would NEVER go via Florida Escapes again.

Edited at 09:17 AM.
AlanScotland is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List