Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Apr 21, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

Yeah, nothing too much to worry about.
Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista 2023
LA Disneyland 2023
rjhsteel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by rjhsteel View Post
Yeah, nothing too much to worry about.
Unless you have a holiday to the US booked
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Still nothing to worry about...

pc.agency/blog/checkpoin...oint-charlesy/

travelweekly/news/air/...of-if-but-when
Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista 2023
LA Disneyland 2023
rjhsteel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Why would you worry if you had a holiday booked? If that worries you, you are too easily shaken in my view.
It goes ahead or it doesn’t. If you can’t fly, it’s refund anyway or voucher. Good for next year or the year after, in my case 5 years. All hotels fully cancellable. Canaries and then U.K. all booked as back ups.
It’s an individual decision but I’d rather be in the race, than watching from the stands.
Old 22 Apr 21, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
It seems the USA is taking a very cautious approach. There are now just over 150 different countries on it's "Do Not Travel" list (the UK is just one of those). That's about 80% of all countries - so pretty much most of the world.

I'd guess they are taking this cautious approach until the vast majority of it's population are vaccinated. I suppose that makes sense. It's not that different to what we are doing, albeit we're maybe not quite as cautious?

Just because we are on the "Do Not Travel" list now, doesn't mean we will still be on it in, say, July.
I am not saying that it should not or should be like this, I commented on a post as I had read the article too. The article said, the decision was based on the high number of cases. I personally think we are doing very well as a country and I am proud of the vaccine uptake too.
Fingers crossed we can go on holiday to US soon when it is safe to do so.🤞
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
I am not saying that it should not or should be like this, I commented on a post as I had read the article too. The article said, the decision was based on the high number of cases. I personally think we are doing very well as a country and I am proud of the vaccine uptake too.
Fingers crossed we can go on holiday to US soon when it is safe to do so.🤞
Its clear CDC dont like our 12 week delay between the jabs. They has said as much many times over. It is also clear they (particularly in CA where my MD friend lives) that once you have had both jabs there is some relaxation eg you can host a party at home for double jabbed . One would therefore draw the conclusion that they feel that in UK single jabbed (on the whole) is a risk they have no appetite to have (currently)

But does it seem timing is odd but such is life. As soon as I can go I will, I predict (as Thats is all this what thread is about) will not be before Fall/Winter but if it is August then I go in August . Bigger things in my life than to stress about it - I am not worried about it one bit but it does interest me somewhat that sone one are so impassioned about something no one on this board can influence

Now to make supper - that is of a more pressing concern to me currently as I didn’t make it to M&S today

Edited at 07:11 PM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
hawki
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rjhsteel View Post
Looks like 28th June for flights to US then?
Port Orleans Riverside - 2011,2012, 2014,2015,2016,2017 RPR 2015,2016,Grand California,POR & HRH 2017 DLP Newport Bay 2018 Sequoia Lodge 2019 Grand California,HRH CSR 2019
hawki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Just heard that on the wireless that USA has added the UK on list of Not to Travel too which dashes any hope for relaxing of UK visiting USA I would say (for a good while anyway) - we need to get everyone their 2nd jab then we will be at parity (sort of) with them
I am not sure about this. I wonder if they are going hard on a travel lockdown and then they will open using bilateral agreements. So to me it is a preparatory stage for how they plan to start easing travel restrictions in a very controlled manner.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Nothing to worry about there. Virtually all flights, car rental and accommodation are rebookable.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Why would you worry if you had a holiday booked? If that worries you, you are too easily shaken in my view.
It goes ahead or it doesn’t. If you can’t fly, it’s refund anyway or voucher.
I’m not worried as I haven’t booked as it always looked very unlikely for 2021. But I work in Insurance and can see the upset caused by lack of refunds from ticket providers, accommodation, trips out etc.

Quite a few threads on here about no refunds for villa hire and DVC rental
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List