Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 Apr 21, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lfc_sarah View Post
That's strange as no-one knows yet.

I'm hoping it comes back but I don't expect it. (I actually never did for the Anniversary)
The trouble Disney have is that a LOT of people will still go to Disney of course, but they won't necessarily stay on site without the added benefits. (hence them offering it in the first place) Everyone knows it's much cheaper to stay off-site..

Im still crossing everything 😂
We would pay for the dining too if available to purchase.
I find it strange too as it seems it depends on who you speak to as I was told by the Disney agent that they don’t know what will be offered but didn’t rule anything out.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I would doubt even Disney know if they’re offering anything free for next year. Everything is still too unpredictable.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by lfc_sarah View Post
That's strange as no-one knows yet.

I'm hoping it comes back but I don't expect it. (I actually never did for the Anniversary)
The trouble Disney have is that a LOT of people will still go to Disney of course, but they won't necessarily stay on site without the added benefits. (hence them offering it in the first place) Everyone knows it's much cheaper to stay off-site..

Im still crossing everything 😂
We would pay for the dining too if available to purchase.
I asked this morning as I needed to amend my booking. The CM I spoke didn’t have a clue if there were any deals coming. She said she just didn’t know but did say if there were any deals then they could definitely be added if they come as it’s all free amendments for the time being.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
We're staying offsite this year for this exact reason. I've mentioned this on other threads but we were shocked at the price difference - instead of 14 nights at BC we're having 18 nights offsite at 2 lovely hotels - the Gaylord Palms and Hilton Buena Vista Palace (at Disney Springs). It's costing for 2 of us £3,775 LESS for 4 nights more. Easily covers food, drink, snacks and treats!
Both hotels are fully cancellable till the week of travelling.
That price difference is HUGE!
We’ve never stayed onsite and our 2020 holiday would have been the first time for us, obviously with the DDP.

We’ve now moved it to August 2022 but decided to stay onsite even though it’s way more than we wanted to pay without food!

I’ve already started a Holiday Spending savings pot for food and everything else so I’ll have the money ready to pay off the credit card!

We love table service so I realise that we may well be living on baked beans for the foreseeable.

Let’s hope it’s worth it 🤞🏻
Old 22 Apr 21, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by BaconAndAvocado View Post
That price difference is HUGE!
I kept adding it all up again to check; and if the $$ rate goes up it will cost us less as we pay on arrival in dollars.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 21, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
£10pp for Breakfast
£15pp for lunch
£20pp for evening meal
£5pp snacks

1 mickey ice cream is £5!
We’ve managed on £150 a day, some days less 4 of us all adult meals.

Breakfast doesn’t have to be £10 each, or lunch/evening meal that much if you’re only eating quick serve. After 3 meals a day a snack isn’t always needed.

Also you don’t have to eat at Disney just because you’re staying there. We stay on site but if we don’t have the dining plan we sometimes eat outside of Disney.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 21, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

I’m sure Disney have something in mind dependant on certain scenarios the DDP in my view keeps people onsite which in turn brings them money and they very rarely loose out on the DDP. They will know what the plans are but don’t want to react to quickly then end up withdrawing it again. In my opinion I think the paid version will return for 2022 and possibly free for 2023 only my thoughts of course. Disney don’t want us to eat elsewhere as it will hit there profits to much.
Fingers crossed it returns otherwise I will put a budget on a pre paid card and use that.
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by may View Post
£3k for 3 weeks = £1k for one week = around £143 a day = about £16 a day per adult . I agree that the refillable mug helps while in the resort but I honestly can't get anywhere near those figures while staying and eating onsite. I'd be very grateful for any advice you can offer
He said £3k is for 7 of us. He reckons we spend $200 - $250 per day. We have cereal or cereal bar & fruit in the room for breakfast. None of us drink alcohol, everyone drinks water all day, only 2 drink fizzy drinks anyway. QS lunch or a snack during the day if hungry. If snack during day then early dinner, if QS lunch then lighter dinner. If we have a dinner around 2-3pm we tend not to eat another main meal again, just have a snack or some chips in evening. A QS chicken nugget meal for example has 8 large nuggets. We will have 1 meal and one fries, then split the nuggets (just one small example of where we have wasted lots of food on previous trips and now order differently).

Like I say, for us it’s all choice not at all for money saving. We don’t like alcohol, 5 of the 7 only drink water by choice, we eat well but don’t over eat at all. Those US portions are big and we can only manage 1 large meal a day.

When we were there on our own for 2 weeks we spent less than that. We like to spend on the cinema, bowling and other activities but just choose not to over indulge on food.

My numbers are low, others will be high, just take an average and go with it.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

We changed from POFQ with QSDP last August to CSR no DP this August. We also looked at the pros and cons of not staying onsite. By the time we added parking fees and hiring a car we figured we would just stick with staying onsite x x
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m thinking about booking and am now quite annoyed with myself for not moving last years beach club with discount to this year. I’m wondering whether to book AoA as there are 5 of us and like you all am worried about lack of dining plan, although with dining plan probably would have booked deluxe. I’ve just priced an UberXL and to get to the crossroads area which has a lot of eating places it’s about $16. I wondered about hiring a car as we normally do but for the cost of parking and car hire because this is just really a Disney visit I think we’ll stick to onsite (or maybe a Disney springs hotel) and use their transport and occasion Uber for offsite meal.