Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 17 Sep 20, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
Is there a need to use VPN as when I look on MDE it looks as though I can buy them there, takes me right through to payment page. Thanks
To my knowledge they geoblocked the US website to Europeans in February or so. So at least for most of us if we try to go to the US website it redirects to the UK/IE/EU site. On the UK/IE sites you can only buy Ultimates. The EU site does sell US-style dated tickets for 2 days and more but it puts you under WDTC UK's terms & conditions rather than the US ones. They don't sell one-day tickets.

That's why I recommended buying them on the US website, currently only accessible with a VPN, because that should make it easier to change the dates or apply the value of the tickets to new ones after expiration. In the US they're familiar with this option, while getting them to do it with EU tickets could be more complicated. And if you buy from a 3rd party seller, say UT or Expedia US, then there's a risk that WDW will see them as having lower value if you need to change them after expiration, because they get less money from the 3rd party than what you paid. This can also happen when buying from WDTC EU, because they're essentially considered a 3rd party. Using the VPN now to buy from WDW US directly doesn't cost you anything but it could save you some trouble down the road if your plans change.

Edited to add: if you can get to the USD-priced tickets directly from MDE without a VPN then all the better for you. I, along with many others, haven't been able to achieve that in over 6 months.

Edited to add 2: I just checked the app, and you're right. It now allows you to buy US tickets. They must have changed that recently because it used to redirect you to a browser to buy tickets, which then triggered the geoblock. I wasn't aware that they had introduced in-app ticket purchases, which now work for us. My apologies!

Edited at 09:28 AM.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Ok, on MDE it takes me to payment page and to assign the 1 day tickets etc and an option to pay using card they have stored. I don’t know if it will work when I actually press to purchase. I’m not buying any yet though I just hadn’t realised other people weren’t able to do this. I wonder why they stopped it.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
Ok, on MDE it takes me to payment page and to assign the 1 day tickets etc and an option to pay using card they have stored. I don’t know if it will work when I actually press to purchase. I’m not buying any yet though I just hadn’t realised other people weren’t able to do this. I wonder why they stopped it.
I've just added another edit. I just tried the app and you're right, it works there now. It used to redirect you to a browser instead of an in-app purchase, so then you bumped into the geowall. It doesn't work on the MDE website, though, which is what I use 99% of the time.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl View Post
I've just added another edit. I just tried the app and you're right, it works there now. It used to redirect you to a browser instead of an in-app purchase, so then you bumped into the geowall. It doesn't work on the MDE website, though, which is what I use 99% of the time.
I’m pleased it’s now working will make buying a 1 day ticket easier. I was just worrying when you mentioned it not working for you, I was wondering why mine was working lol. Thanks for info.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

I will be buying my 1 day tickets from MDE