Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Nov 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

NHS Pension

I have applied (in July) as a deferred member to my NHS pension and received an email saying it’s been received and payment will be made within 30 days of my retirement date (sometime in December). Apart from the figures on ESR I have no idea what to expect. Colleagues who applied for their pension when I still worked there always got their figures through in writing. It says not to contact the pension dept as it may delay payment but it would be nice to know I’m not forgotten. How did any NHS dibber pensioners find the process?
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bartswife View Post
I have applied (in July) as a deferred member to my NHS pension and received an email saying it’s been received and payment will be made within 30 days of my retirement date (sometime in December). Apart from the figures on ESR I have no idea what to expect. Colleagues who applied for their pension when I still worked there always got their figures through in writing. It says not to contact the pension dept as it may delay payment but it would be nice to know I’m not forgotten. How did any NHS dibber pensioners find the process?
I had a package with full details in the post, with forms to complete and return. HR was also very helpful, and it was quite painless.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
I had a package with full details in the post, with forms to complete and return. HR was also very helpful, and it was quite painless.
I was going to hang on till my birthday but I had had enough and left last May, I was bored stiff and under utilised and felt sick at the thought of going to work. Didn’t feel it was worth feeling like that for months on end. I didn’t like the way my trust dealt with the pandemic and the greed of the staff for freebies disgusted me (in fact it’s still going on, free mugs recently and the whining amongst the staff as they couldn’t get one due to being on maternity leave/isolating/in the community etc) I know what’s going on as I’m still on the staff Facebook page. Maybe deferred members are treated differently to current members who knows in the NHS. My nursing son is moving departments within the same hospital and he’s having to find out immunisation record, DBS etc and apply fully, what a waste of time and money.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sunjue100
VIP Dibber

sunjue100's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’ve just retired end of July I got a forecast of my lump sum and pension via the trust pension department ( which is the ESR figures ) which was pretty accurate. You get nothing from the pension agency until after you retire. My lump sum came about 10 days after my retirement date and my pension was confirmed around the same time . They have given themselves 30 days due to the pandemic as previously you would have received your lump sum on the first day of retirement.

Edited at 01:26 PM.
sunjue100 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

My SIL got hers inMay she had deferred hers got forcast etc by mail then paid less than the 30 days from retirement Covid has an impact on them too workwise
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
cysmith16
Trying for More Ears

If in Scotland, you can go on SPPA website and it gives exact figures (a year behind if you’re a GP).
cysmith16 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bartswife View Post
I was going to hang on till my birthday but I had had enough and left last May, I was bored stiff and under utilised and felt sick at the thought of going to work. Didn’t feel it was worth feeling like that for months on end. I didn’t like the way my trust dealt with the pandemic and the greed of the staff for freebies disgusted me (in fact it’s still going on, free mugs recently and the whining amongst the staff as they couldn’t get one due to being on maternity leave/isolating/in the community etc) I know what’s going on as I’m still on the staff Facebook page. Maybe deferred members are treated differently to current members who knows in the NHS. My nursing son is moving departments within the same hospital and he’s having to find out immunisation record, DBS etc and apply fully, what a waste of time and money.
I took mine at 60 while I was still working, then reduced to a couple of days a week for a further 2 years and retired 3 years ago. I declined the 'offer' to come out of retirement and return to work, with a hastily returned registration and no updated training, in March Enjoy retirement
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Thanks guys. Guess I will just have to be patient. I’m not in Scotland and definitely not a GP which would be handy at the moment as our local practise is virtually non existent. They are either always training or got too many clinicians off sick
Old 7 Nov 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

You should have an annual benefit statement which will give you the figures. They are normally sent out every July/August
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChoppyGirl View Post
You should have an annual benefit statement which will give you the figures. They are normally sent out every July/August
Only ever seen the the figures on the ESR.