Old 9 Dec 20, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Booking a universal hotel

Hey everyone

Has anyone booked a universal hotel through websites such as booking.com? I normally always book through the main site itself but wondering if this actually has any benefits? If you book through booking.com do you still get the express passes ect
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Mobile

Whoever you book with it will include the express passes, as long as it’s the 3 premium hotels, booking.com will charge you upfront for 1 night, travel republic will charge a small deposit. Travel bag have had good prices, just try and book with a company that offers free cancellations.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve used my hotels.com free nights at universal a few times now. You get all the same benefits as booking direct.
emmabanana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

Yes you still get all the perks such as express passes booking through a 3rd party. I’ve stayed many times at Universal hotels but I have never booked direct with them, only via a 3rd party. I tend to go with whatever is cheapest and last time we used Clubcard vouchers via hotels.com.

Edited at 09:38 AM. Reason: Spelling
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
soraia
Very Serious Dibber

Yes, you will still get the benefits no matter who you book with so it is worth shopping around a bit.

Whenever I have looked in the past Travelbag has always been the cheapest by far - although you do need to pay the total cost upfront. If you're looking to only pay on arrival or pay a deposit with flexible cancellation check out Netflights, ebookers and hotels.com which usually come out on the lower end. I always find booking.com to be on the higher end of the scale compared to some other 3rd party agents (especially as they don't usually include tax in their prices so seems really cheap and then when you click through at the end it shoots way up) but maybe just luck of the dates I had been searching for.
soraia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DanLees
Getting Excited

We used ebookers when we booked Universal hotels for earlier this year. They were the cheapest and had free cancellations.

After my experience of hotels.com and attempting to get refunds for hotel bookings for a cancelled trip to Paris (the hotel was forced to close its doors due to COVID) I will NEVER EVER use them again.
DanLees is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

I have only ever booked direct with universal, being a universal pass holder can get you amazing discounts in there hotels, 3rd party sites like booking.com can offer good prices too, shop around see who gives you the best price, BA can often do good prices for universal hotels
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 20, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DanLees View Post
We used ebookers when we booked Universal hotels for earlier this year. They were the cheapest and had free cancellations.

After my experience of hotels.com and attempting to get refunds for hotel bookings for a cancelled trip to Paris (the hotel was forced to close its doors due to COVID) I will NEVER EVER use them again.
My son had the same issue with hotels dot com for a cancelled hotel in Amsterdam, they promised him a voucher then denied ever offering it (even tho he had screenshots of the online chat conversation!). He went through this credit card in the end and it was refunded no problem, hope you managed to get your refund in a similar way.

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 20, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thank you everyone for your comments I will keep checking everyones prices and see if we can find a good deal!

I appreciate everyones help!
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Can I just ask - if you aren't changing your Universal ticket to an annual pass until you get there. How do you take advantage of hotel discounts please?