Notices
Intro's and Welcomes Introduce yourself and be welcomed into our community.

Old 9 Jan 21, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsd
Trying for More Ears

Hi - October 2022

Hello

I am planning on taking our first Disney World holiday as a family (myself, husband and 2 boys, will be 5 - almost 6 - and 9 at the time) October 2021. We were going to go the following year, but we have just had our flights for this Summer's holiday in Europe cancelled so instead of looking for something else (and hoping it would happen) we have decided to use the money for Disney meaning we can go sooner This means that I can now say that we are going to Disney next year

I am living happily in a little bubble where I am convinced that things will be far more 'normal' by then and that covid will be something that no longer affects our day to day life (everything crossed).

I spent lockdown number 1 on furlough so spent a lot of time researching (how I only found this site this week, I have no idea!). This means we (I ) already have a good idea of what we are looking for:

Time: Week before and week of half term (our council haven't released the term dates for 2022-23 yet so am taking an educated guess at the moment).
Accom: Caribbean Beach Resort (we're looking at a 5th sleeper, though not 100% sure that it's needed for us).
As well as Disney we want to visit Universal, Discovery Cove (no dolphins as youngest will be too young) and Kennedy Space Center.

I have been once before (but that was almost 30 years ago!) but it will be my husband and children's first time.

As you may have guessed I am so excited already. I am a bit of a spreadsheet queen and have tabs and tabs of planning in progress (I love it) and I can see me spending lots and lots of time reading this site.

Edited at 11:34 AM.
mrsd is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great to read about all your plans!
I Find the planning stage to be so exciting! I love the look of Caribbean Beach but have never stayed there myself!

Me and my partner are looking to go to Disney around the same time Oct/Nov 2022! Everything crossed

Happy Planning
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
simon
VIP Dibber

simon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Hello and welcome to the Dibb .
Enjoy your planning it’s a big part of a wonderful Holiday .
Ask any questions if unsure as there are plenty of people on the Dibb with vast knowledge who are more than willing to help . 🤓
simon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List