Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 9 Feb 21, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsnicola
Very Serious Dibber

Hotels.com Clubcard not refunding voucher 🥺

Hi
Anyone had any luck in receiving a voucher from hotels.com for Tesco vouchers. We have a booking 24/3/21 4 nights royal pacific resort, free cancellation. Used £110 of Clubcard vouchers. As there cancellation policy says no refunds if I cancel, ok fine. But I can’t physically get there I have no choice to cancel. Think they have me over a barrel 😡 anyone else had any luck? Xx
mrsnicola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsnicola View Post
Hi
Anyone had any luck in receiving a voucher from hotels.com for Tesco vouchers. We have a booking 24/3/21 4 nights royal pacific resort, free cancellation. Used £110 of Clubcard vouchers. As there cancellation policy says no refunds if I cancel, ok fine. But I can’t physically get there I have no choice to cancel. Think they have me over a barrel 😡 anyone else had any luck? Xx
Could you go through your insurance?
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

Initially last year they were refunding back to Clubcard vouchers but around late May they changed to Hotels.com issuing a new voucher for rebooking at a later date. I got mine refunded back to Clubcard but it was a long slog as it was around the time they changed how they were refunding that I contacted them. Hotels.com are not the easiest to deal with so perseverance is key. My travel insurance did say that if I had no luck with Tesco or Hotels.com to go back to them so that may also be an option.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsnicola
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks, yes last year I had to cancel and the issued me with the voucher code so I used it on this booking. It’s £330 off which is a lot of money. Ok thanks the insurance might be the answer then. I can cancel the hotel for a refund of what I paid but don’t want to do this whilst I am querying it. Just find it unfair we can’t go but they keep the money. I want to put it to another booking so not actually asking for them to go back to Clubcard x
mrsnicola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Insurance will only pay out the original voucher amount - £110 less an excess. So probably zero!
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks, yes last year I had to cancel and the issued me with the voucher code so I used it on this booking. It’s £330 off which is a lot of money. Ok thanks the insurance might be the answer then. I can cancel the hotel for a refund of what I paid but don’t want to do this whilst I am querying it. Just find it unfair we can’t go but they keep the money. I want to put it to another booking so not actually asking for them to go back to Clubcard x
Might be worth asking if they’ll reissue the voucher again then. No harm in asking, good luck.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsnicola
Very Serious Dibber

Hi no I have spoke to a supervisor and no Clubcard vouchers will be refunded so £110 vouchers saved now gone.. note so self not to use hotels.com again.. fuming 🤯🤯🤯
Old 9 Feb 21, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadMummy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

This is what put me off using my vouchers for our November stay! I was all for it til I read about the no refund thing 🙄 silly given the circumstances!
Old 9 Feb 21, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Last summer when everyone else was receiving refunds (some for later bookings that were also booked after mine), I didn’t receive a refund of the clubcard vouchers as I was somehow overlooked- because the situation was unfair (as I say others had received refunds), I did fight it for months and was finally given a replacement voucher. I was categorically told though that this was a one off ‘goodwill’ gesture as they were no longer giving refunds.

I’ve used the replacement voucher for an October Hard Rock booking, which I know I will now lose should that holiday not go ahead - it sucks for sure, so whilst this pandemic is still a threat to holidays, I won’t be using any more clubcard vouchers for hotels.com bookings, as I don’t want to lose them again.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

Hi no I have spoke to a supervisor and no Clubcard vouchers will be refunded so £110 vouchers saved now gone.. note so self not to use hotels.com again.. fuming 🤯🤯🤯
Was that at Clubcard or Hotels.com? Whichever one it was I’d give the other a try before giving up on it. The reissued hotels.com vouchers were valid until 31/12/2023 so I don’t see why they can’t let you change your booking.