Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 8 Mar 21, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
BnDamo
Imagineer

BnDamo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 12
Quite a lot, many the same as already mentioned plus:

The Commitments
The Shawshank Redemption
Blazing Saddles
The Bourne Identity ( all the Bourne films)
The Usual Suspects
Inside Man
BnDamo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 21, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Pride & Prejudice
As good as it gets
Love Actually
Bridesmaids
Imitation of life
Last chance Harvey
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 21, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Labyrinth. David Bowie in those tight tights - phwoar! I love EVERYTHING about this film, it is so full of fantasy and magic, but my favourite bit is the ballroom scene. It was on TV over the weekend and I happened to turn the TV onto it at one point, started speaking the dialogue along with the actors, and realised I was a bit obsessed ……

We went to a cinema screening of it in 2016 to celebrate it's 30th anniversary, which was fun - a guy dressed up as Jareth introduced the film, we were sat in the front row and I was eye-level with his - um - codpiece ……..
Old 8 Mar 21, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
fefifoe
Apprentice Imagineer

fefifoe's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
Labyrinth. David Bowie in those tight tights - phwoar! I love EVERYTHING about this film, it is so full of fantasy and magic, but my favourite bit is the ballroom scene. It was on TV over the weekend and I happened to turn the TV onto it at one point, started speaking the dialogue along with the actors, and realised I was a bit obsessed ……

We went to a cinema screening of it in 2016 to celebrate it's 30th anniversary, which was fun - a guy dressed up as Jareth introduced the film, we were sat in the front row and I was eye-level with his - um - codpiece ……..

"through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here to the castle beyond the Goblin City to take back the child you have stolen, for my will is as strong as yours and my kingdom as great.
You have no power over me "

other than Disney movies which due to having 4 kids and watching them over and over throughout the last 23 years - Labyrinth is probably the only other movie I have watched more than 5 times - it is my favourite movie of all time having first seen it in the cinema back when it was released originally. In fact a few of my xmas pressies last year were Labyrinth merchandise - a pillow with the above quote and a card game. I also have had the Labyrinth Funko Pops for a few years too. It just makes everything feel better when have a crappy day - even just listening to the soundtrack makes me feel better.
Old 8 Mar 21, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
I have asked this before but I can’t get my head round watching the same thing over and over .
I’m not a film watcher anyway but surely once you have seen it 2 or 3 times you have seen all the little bits you missed first time ?

What do you gain from knowing what’s going to happen next ?
I think its the same sort of thing as having a favourite meal? You know you enjoy it, its comforting and provides nutrition (mentally-like a hug, or like revisiting a happy memory from your own life?)

And as another poster said and you know you will like it rather than two hours of your life you wont get back!
Old 8 Mar 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post

Love her hair in that scene. Amazing film...dance magic dance!
Old 8 Mar 21, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Borderbairn
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
The Sound of Music, I've always loved it, and love going to Austria.
I've watched this film at least once a year since I was a teenager so that makes at least 50 times 😊 I've also lost count of my many trips to Austria because of it 🇦🇹

Southern Dunes 2006 & 2007 Highlands Reserve & Hard Rock Hotel May & Sep 2008 The Sanctuary West Haven 2009 Freedom of the Seas & Doubletree Resort 2010 Highlands Reserve May 2012 Windsor Hills 2014 New York 2016
Borderbairn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 21, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
doombuggy
Excited about Disney

there are many, but the film I have seen most is my favorite:
Star Wars - seen at least 50 times. I own 4 versions of it...
1974-1983 WDW day trips*1992 WDW*1994 Contemporary*1997 WDW*1997 Poly* 1998 DL PAC*1999 DL DH*2000 Coronado/PO*2001 WDW*2002 DL DH*2002 WDW HHB*2003 POR*2003 WDW HHB*2004 Moved to Orlando*2006 DVC*2006 DLR*2007 DVBR*2007 OKW*2007 VWL*2008 GCH*2009 BLT*2009 AKL*2010 OKW*2010 SSR*2010 DLP DLH*2011 BLT*2011 AKL Kidani*2012 BWV*2014 Aulani*2015 VGC*2017 VGC*2017 VGF*2017 SDL & TDR*2019 HKDL Hollywood Hotel*2020 Contemporary TPV
doombuggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 21, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Trueblue88
Apprentice Imagineer

Godfather cannot get enough of it
Trueblue88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 21, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Reach for the sky such a up lifting film and so well done
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List