Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Mar 21, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

Another vote for Panera Bread. Recommend their broccoli soup, very tasty.
coinneach is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 21, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
maznorm
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sparklegirl View Post
I loved Sweet Tomatoes but I must admit I never found eating well in US a too much of an issue, there are usually vegetables on a menu somewhere and they will endlessly customize things for you. We love their variety of places and types of food to eat. Panera Bread does lovely soup and we found a really nice place called Holler and Dash that does really tasty breakfast stuff. I tend to order fruit as the side with breakfasts and a Publix has got fantastic fresh produce too, maybe it’s easier as we tend to self cater but I genuinely don’t find eating well, and not fried greasy fast food, too difficult
Yes! I never understood the difficulty finding healthier foods is US either. I always have a side of vegetables. Often restaurants offer a salad bar as well. The greasy fried foods are all available but I've never struggled to get well over my "5 a day".
maznorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Isaacsmummy
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Sorry to be ignorant pandera bread where is this? Will be going to Florida for the first time in about 10 years and am vegan now so sad about sweet tomatoes but also very happy just to chow on a bag of salad just want to know we can go!
Isaacsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

There are several branches depends where you will be staying, have a look at their website for location nearest to you

panerabread/en-us/cafe-locator.html
and enter Orlando or Kissimmee etc and you will get a list and map
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

No recommendations, but is there any possibility of Sweet Tomatoes being rescued/bought out etc? We loved it there, will miss it a lot, I’m not a big meat eater, so the salad and soup was perfect for me.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
No recommendations, but is there any possibility of Sweet Tomatoes being rescued/bought out etc? We loved it there, will miss it a lot, I’m not a big meat eater, so the salad and soup was perfect for me.
Far too late for that. They were in trouble before the pandemic and completely shut about a year ago. The ones Dibbers were familiar with in the Orlando area may have been popular but the model no longer worked elsewhere.
Old 28 Mar 21, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabrown68
VIP Dibber

As a family of vegetarians (including a VERY fussy DD7), we are absolutely gutted about it closing. Even more so because I bought a $50 gift card last time I was there because you got 2 free meals with it!
IDrive 91, Enclave Suites 07, Southern Dunes 09, Quality Inn Plaza, Hard Rock Hotel, Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel (St Petes), Orlando Metropolitan Express & Buena Vista Palace Hotel 10!, The Florida Hotel 11, Hampton Lakes 12, Bridgewater Crossing 12, Vegas/LA 13, Tall Grass Villa 13, The Florida Hotel 13, Bridgewater Crossing 15, Terrace Ridge 16, West Haven 17,18,July 19, Dec 19 & Dec 21, West Haven & Cabana Bay 22
emmabrown68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
llamala
Imagineer

We too loved ST, it was a very good value buffet type restaurant. I hope someone comes up with a similar idea.
llamala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr&Mrs4kids
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Never been to one but will definitely be giving it a try next year assuming the Orlando locations will be open by then, with three vegans in the family Sweet Tomatoes was a firm favourite which we already miss! crispandgreen/locations/
1998 Oct/Nov I-Drive & cruise (solo)- Oct 2010 Legacy Park villa(us 6)-May 2013 Windsor Hills villa(Disney 9)-May 2015 Windsor Hills Villa(Disney 9)-Oct 2016 Art Of Animation & AK Lodge(just the 2 of us)- May 2018 - Windsor Hills(Disney 9) Oct 2020- Formosa Gds Villa (Disney 8)
Mr&Mrs4kids is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr&Mrs4kids View Post
Never been to one but will definitely be giving it a try next year assuming the Orlando locations will be open by then, with three vegans in the family Sweet Tomatoes was a firm favourite which we already miss! crispandgreen/locations/
There menu looks quite similar to Greebeat mentioned above although that is just a counter in a food court. The prices look far more sustainable than the All You Can Eat at Sweet Tomatoes. The model looks far more modern and appealing to me. I always found the non salad bar items at SW mostly disappointing. Healthy salad with all you can eat pizza, soft serve and sloppy desserts seemed an odd combination to me at times. That is exactly why my kids liked it though!