Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 10 Apr 21, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
hellin family
Dibbing with Tink

We lost our deposit last year but this year different villa owner has kindly transferred it to new booking for 2022

Wendy, Jake and Lillie x

Dec 2005 New York and Florida honeymoon, Grand Reserve
Dec 2006 Anniversary Trip, Grand Reserve, Davenport
Dec 2010 Jake's first trip, Glenbrook
Jan 2011 Lillie's first trip, Windsor Palms
Feb 2013 Jake and Lillie's Grand Adventures, Florida Pines
Oct 2014 Disneys All Stars Music Resort
hellin family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 21, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Soon
Imagineer

We didn’t get our deposit back last year, but tried getting it back through insurance, which was challenging and drawn out and we are still challenging them through the insurance ombudsman. So far we have half back waiting to hear on the other half.
This year we can have our deposit back if we cancel but May 25th and will do this if we are not confident we can go.
Old 10 Apr 21, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by David121523 View Post
That’s terrible you should name and shame them
Yes he should either not give the resort name or go the whole hog as it's very unfair otherwise!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 21, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
nanu
Imagineer

Originally Posted by victorbertram View Post
We had a Dibb villa booked in Lake Berkley last year, they kept all the fee after breaking their own T and Cs, disgraceful.
Well, if the T&C's have been broken, couldn't you take them to the small claims court?
1988 New York Penta & Orl. Radisson Maingate 1990 Orl. Marriott I-Drive, Premier Cruise & Cocoa Beach Hilton 1997 Orl. La Suites I-Drive 2002 Orl. Port Orleans Riverside 2006 Las Vegas Luxor 2007 Orl. Port Orleans French Quarter 2010 Orl. Windsor Palms villa 2012 Orl. Rolling Hills villa & RPR Universal 2015 Orl. Indian Creek villa & Naples Bay Resort 2017 Orl. Highlands Reserve villa 2018 Barefoot Beach Resort & Orl. Highgate Park villa
nanu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 21, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by nanu View Post
Well, if the T&C's have been broken, couldn't you take them to the small claims court?
Yes, I was going to go to the small claims court but then my insurance paid up so I got my money back. The villa was Killervilla on Lake Berkley.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 21, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
rnoon
Dibbing with Tink

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 14
We are the owners that unfortunately had to deal with victorbertram. We do not normally comment on individual bookings as we feel this is unprofessional, however, now that we have been named we feel we have no alternative.

We are always happy to issue refunds when necessary in fact we were the owners that refunded moorlandman (the 2nd poster on this thread).

In the case of victorbertram we asked him to firstly claim from his travel insurance but if this was unsuccessful to provide us with a copy of a letter from his insurance company stating this and then we would see what we could do.

The last correspondence we received was a threatening email to say that he was going to come to our house to "discuss this" personally. A further message was sent to us saying "what ever comes next will be down to you sweet dreams". This was already an extremely stressful time as we were having to shield due to having a disabled child with compromised immunity so to receive these threatening messages when we had been nothing but reasonable was extremely upsetting.

victorbertram received a full refund from his insurance company so why he also wanted a refund from us is difficult to understand. If he had not received a refund then we would have assisted him as we have with other guests.

Beautiful 3 bedroom Lake View Properties.

All our villas have games rooms, PC's with highspeed internet & WIFI, themed bedrooms, BBQ's, free international calls and private un-overlooked pools.

rnoon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 21, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by rnoon View Post
We are the owners that unfortunately had to deal with victorbertram. We do not normally comment on individual bookings as we feel this is unprofessional, however, now that we have been named we feel we have no alternative.

We are always happy to issue refunds when necessary in fact we were the owners that refunded moorlandman (the 2nd poster on this thread).

In the case of victorbertram we asked him to firstly claim from his travel insurance but if this was unsuccessful to provide us with a copy of a letter from his insurance company stating this and then we would see what we could do.

The last correspondence we received was a threatening email to say that he was going to come to our house to "discuss this" personally. A further message was sent to us saying "what ever comes next will be down to you sweet dreams". This was already an extremely stressful time as we were having to shield due to having a disabled child with compromised immunity so to receive these threatening messages when we had been nothing but reasonable was extremely upsetting.

victorbertram received a full refund from his insurance company so why he also wanted a refund from us is difficult to understand. If he had not received a refund then we would have assisted him as we have with other guests.
All of this from rnoon is utter rubbish. I stand by what I said , I will now call him a liar.
Old 10 Apr 21, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Wow just wow
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 21, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by victorbertram View Post
All of this from rnoon is utter rubbish. I stand by what I said , I will now call him a liar.
You have said yourself you received a full refund from your insurance company! I have always assumed you didn't have insurance.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 21, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
You have said yourself you received a full refund from your insurance company! I have always assumed you didn't have insurance.
My insurance wasnt going to pay because villa rentals in florida at the time was not allowed and because of the ts and cs , but they relented and paid up in the end. Saying I threatened him is utter tosh and I will stand by what I have said .
Closed Thread