Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Apr 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Danex View Post
Is it possible to speak to her hairdresser for a recommendation?

I bought my daughter a new hairdryer for Christmas and asked her hairdresser what she would recommend. She has very long very thick hair and I was recommended one from a local beauty supplies shop.

I can’t for the life of me remember the brand, I know it wasn’t a well known brand but it’s the same as the one used in the salon.

It was £65 and my daughter is delighted with it, it’s much more powerful than the one she had before so her hair dries much quicker and also leaves it much less frizzy.
Maybe a Diva?
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Originally Posted by americangal View Post
I had a GHD hairdryer (only changed as wanted a dyson) and I loved it. Well worth the money so I’d say get thr GHd. My son bought his girlfriend a GHD hair dryer for Christmas and she loves it

I also have the travel GHD hairdryer and again that is amazing
This is mine, I have thick curly hair that holds water and I prefer it straight . Dries my hair very quickly.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Maybe a Diva?
Yes that’s what it was, thank you.

A Diva 2100 I think.
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Like you I have GHD too had them years but I believe the newer ones aren't as good.
My GHD’s are over 15 years old and been excellent, but I think on the way out. Apparently cloud 9 is the way to go when I need them replacing
Old 11 Apr 21, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

I used to work with someone whose dad owned a company making parts for GHD. GHD switched to components made abroad to save money and lots of staff lost their jobs. It really put me off, not just because they stopped supporting a UK business because the price of the GHDs went up after, even though they’d cut costs. Ethically, put me off GHD. For that reason, I wouldn’t pay a premium.
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBrown
Very Serious Dibber

I was going to post this, I have been told cloud 9 are the new ghd. Might be worth looking into, I think similar price range.

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
My GHD’s are over 15 years old and been excellent, but I think on the way out. Apparently cloud 9 is the way to go when I need them replacing
MrsBrown is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
JillyEd
Excited about Disney

I am a hair junkie! Products, shampoos, styling tools etc! Have tried them all.

I used to have a ghd hairdryer and thought it was good until I replaced it with a Parlux. The Parlux is so much better in my opinion. I use mine daily.
I have also got a Dyson hairdryer and am not overly impressed, prefer the Parlux. I think it depends on your hair type though because some love the dyson. I use mine once a month if that!

Straighteners, the man who designed ghds left a few years ago which explains why the more recent ones are not a patch on the older ones. I always used to have ghd straighteners, nothing could beat them up until a few years ago. I took the risk and tried cloud 9’s. Thr man who designed ghd’s originally moved to cloud 9’s and you can tell. They are so much better than the newer ghds.

Giver her your old ones and treat yourself to new!
JillyEd is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

I’ve got no idea about hairdryers as I try to leave mine to dry if I can. However, would recommend you reconsider buying GHD straighteners. I used them for years until about 7 years ago when OH bought me a new set. They were crap . I sold them and bough Cloud Nines which are so much better.

I’ve got extremely curly hair naturally and need good straighteners. GHDS aren’t a patch on what they used to be.
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by JillyEd View Post
I am a hair junkie! Products, shampoos, styling tools etc! Have tried them all.

I used to have a ghd hairdryer and thought it was good until I replaced it with a Parlux. The Parlux is so much better in my opinion. I use mine daily.
I have also got a Dyson hairdryer and am not overly impressed, prefer the Parlux. I think it depends on your hair type though because some love the dyson. I use mine once a month if that!

Straighteners, the man who designed ghds left a few years ago which explains why the more recent ones are not a patch on the older ones. I always used to have ghd straighteners, nothing could beat them up until a few years ago. I took the risk and tried cloud 9’s. Thr man who designed ghd’s originally moved to cloud 9’s and you can tell. They are so much better than the newer ghds.

Giver her your old ones and treat yourself to new!
Strangely I could have written this except the GHD is my daughters. I probably only use my days on once a month and always teach for the Parlux.
One bit of advice I’d add to the others is not to get the Cloud 9’s with the variable temperature as they seem to be the ones that have problems. The Originals are tea;lay good and much better than modern day GHD’s
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

I have curly hair and got this which comes with a diffuser:boots/babyliss-plati...dryer-10266015

I had my previous hairdryer for 10 years but this one is so much better! And it’s also a bit sparkly

Although I do have to say everyone’s posts have made me curious about Parlux...
orlandoamber is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List