Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 11 Apr 21, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyhm
VIP Dibber

Question No DDP worries

Hi all.

So I am daring to dream that we might actually get to go this August (please don't tell me otherwise as I realise that it is still a long shot but I am feeling positive).

We are booked for CBR for 14 nights (moved from POFQ booked for August 2020 with free DDP) but obviously now there is no DDP I am starting to feel quite concerned as to how much the food will cost us. Our other option is to lose the £200 deposit and move to booking a villa, car hire etc and eat off site more but the worry then is that it is not entirely cancellable/movable like booking direct with WDWT. And EPCOT Food and Wine covers our dates now which I have always wanted to go to so being in CBR is ideal for easy visiting!

I guess I am hoping you can all provide me with a realistic idea of what we may spend on food over the 2 weeks. We are 2 adults, our Daughter 15 (not a massive appetite) and our Son 9 (who loves to eat but still child portions). We would mostly be thinking about snacks and QS dining without the DDP if we stayed with Disney I think.
Disneyhm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Based on 2018 prices, you are going need to budget approx £200 a day for food, drinks and snacks for a family of 4 staying on site. This includes some tips and some decent meals ( i.e. not just pizza and fries for 14 days😀 )
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Check out Disney Food Blog's videos, there is a good recent one about snacks that are big enough to share.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Rozzyb2011
VIP Dibber

Rozzyb2011's Reviews
Hi of you are happy with taking cereal to have in the room for breakfast and maybe getting a mears to your local Walmart or publix to buy drinks and snacks it needn't be as expensive as you fear, you can even get bread, butter, ham, cheese etc for the odd packed lunch, a packed lunch round the pool is more fun than you think

2016: Clarion Inn, Lake Buena Vista
2018: POR & Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2022: Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2025: Dibb villa "Villa4Orlando" Hunters Creek
Rozzyb2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Rozzyb2011
VIP Dibber

Rozzyb2011's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Check out Disney Food Blog's videos, there is a good recent one about snacks that are big enough to share.
Watched that today, wow the size of some of those bad boys !

2016: Clarion Inn, Lake Buena Vista
2018: POR & Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2022: Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2025: Dibb villa "Villa4Orlando" Hunters Creek
Rozzyb2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We’ve also found that some children’s portions are more than enough for an adult. Or splitting meals between you. Having free dining makes you feel like you’d spend a fortune on food but a couple of times now we’ve gone to the bakery in France and had Lobster Bisque and split a baguette for dinner. We plan on allowing £50 per person per day but I don’t think we’ll spend that. Last time we went we had free QSDP and realised how nice some of the QS places are so we’re less inclined to do expensive table service meals.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Can't offer any other advice but if you decide to stay off site (which is what I have done) I had a booking for 2020, changed it last year to 2021 and cancelled in February - they gave me the $200 back.
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

£200 a day I agree, I would move to a villa with no free dining.

I’m sure there are lots available, so no need to book until close to the time.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Based on 2018 prices, you are going need to budget approx £200 a day for food, drinks and snacks for a family of 4 staying on site. This includes some tips and some decent meals ( i.e. not just pizza and fries for 14 days😀 )
We’ve never spent that much but we don’t have an ADR every day. We often eat at QS or offsite.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
£10pp for Breakfast
£15pp for lunch
£20pp for evening meal
£5pp snacks

1 mickey ice cream is £5!
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List