Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Apr 21, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
animal 1970
Dibbing with Tink

tums and thighs

whats the best way to tone up thights and tummy dont want to go to the gym i dont get that much time need a at home fix thats not too hard as i am a crappy asthmatic
animal 1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Cardio will help you lose weight from your tummy maybe static bike etc if you do enough
Then tone up with core exercises like the plank, for your thighs do some squats, glute bridges & inner thigh exercises too, with weights if you can 💪💪
Just have a google there will be lots for you to do
Good luck x
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
You can't really target an area of fat, you just need to be in a calorie deficit.

I run 40 miles a week and the chubbiest part of my body is my legs.

If you're already slim like Claire said, planking, sit ups etc. But to see your abs you'd need really low body fat. Far too complicated. Just be in a calorie deficit 👍
Old 13 Apr 21, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Toning doesn’t exist. You can lose fat, aka diet, but all over your body. Or you can build muscle. Very hard to do both at the same time.
As to lose weight you need to eat less calories, but you do need cals to build muscle. Building muscle will involve ideally lifting weights but walking, running, swimming can lead to nice strong arms and legs
Old 13 Apr 21, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Core is first on last off, diet and cardio however body weight squats along with calf work will help, elbow planks, full planks, side planks, dead bugs etc will help but diet is king .
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

If you want to look at diet I suggest Rick Bhullar weight loss coach, he’s does a lot of free videos on you tube for exercises and give a nutritional talk that is extremely informative. I learnt a lot and now trying to improve my protein intake which will help with weight loss. I’m moving slowly! 6lbs in a couple of months but better off than on and can feel an improvement in clothes fitting better.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

The only way is to loose body fat unfortunately, and you can't target a certain area for that. Building up muscles in legs and glutes with exercises and weights works and core exercises for tummy but not sit ups But to see the muscles you need lower body fat. No easy fixes
93 94 03 2023 DLP

Edited at 07:00 PM.
JudyC is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
The only way is to loose body fat unfortunately, and you can't target a certain area for that. Building up muscles in legs and glutes with exercises and weights works and core exercises for tummy but not sit ups But to see the muscles you need lower body fat. No easy fixes
Why no sit ups?
Please tell me I am not wasting my time doing 150 sit ups a day 🙈🙈😭😭😭
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Why no sit ups?
Please tell me I am not wasting my time doing 150 sit ups a day 🙈🙈😭😭😭
Well they aren’t very good for your neck, back etc at all first up.

Secondly they aren’t the most effective for core strength, planks are better and safer

And thirdly targeting your 6 pack muscles when you have a layer of tummy over them, can cause your belly to actually look bigger

150 sit ups a day is way too much x
Old 13 Apr 21, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
Well they aren’t very good for your neck, back etc at all first up.

Secondly they aren’t the most effective for core strength, planks are better and safer

And thirdly targeting your 6 pack muscles when you have a layer of tummy over them, can cause your belly to actually look bigger

150 sit ups a day is way too much x
😱😱😱 I am mortified 😖
I have spent a couple years strengthening my core to ease/help lower back pain.
I do 2 x 20 seconds planks. 150 bum/hip lifts and 150 crunches (thinking about it, they are crunches not sit-ups)
I do this 5 times a week minimum.
I must admit my exercises are rather stuck in the 80’s 🙈
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List