Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Apr 21, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Her mother must be an Australian citizen or resident in that case. Immediate family members (spouse or dependent child) of an Australian resident or citizen can enter Australia. Although in most cases, I would expect they would be a resident themselves anyway.

covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/i...dent-australia
She definitely isn’t. Only the daughter is. I know it took him 6 months to get there, so perhaps he had to apply for special circumstances or something? Or could it be his Singapore status? Baffled. I’ll have to ask my mum how they sorted it.
Old 19 Apr 21, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I reckon people will be allowed to fly to the USA this Summer, more likely later in the summer (August). However, there will be caveats to this - eg. negative tests will be required, perhaps vaccine passports, that sort of thing.

However, it's all a total guess.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 21, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by MrIncredible View Post
May 0%
June 0%
July 50%
August 50%
September. 50%
October 25%
November 0%
December 0%
Interesting. So there will be no chance of flying to the USA in Nov/Dec, whereas the chances of being able to fly in Aug/Sep will be higher? Which implies we'll be in a worst state this winter than in autumn.

Do you expect a third/fourth wave to hit in winter?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 21, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

BA are scheduled to fly from 28th May from Gatwick to MCO and the 14th June from Heathrow.
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 21, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
BA are already cancelling May flights and MCO are not expecting any UK flights before June.
They are cancelling Heathrow flights and swapping them to Gatwick
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 21, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Interesting. So there will be no chance of flying to the USA in Nov/Dec, whereas the chances of being able to fly in Aug/Sep will be higher? Which implies we'll be in a worst state this winter than in autumn.

Do you expect a third/fourth wave to hit in winter?
I think you misunderstood .
It wasn’t a case of ticking each month you believed it would be possible but when people believed travel would START.
So no .
Those who believe people will be able to fly in August aren’t saying that’s the ONLY month they believe people will be able to fly

Edited at 06:33 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 21, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
They are cancelling Heathrow flights and swapping them to Gatwick
I’m due to fly in September from Heathrow, so are my flights going to be cancelled and swapped to Gatwick then ? , where is this showing ?

Still Heathrow on my booking

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 21, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Originally Posted by signtalker View Post
I’m due to fly in September from Heathrow, so are my flights going to be cancelled and swapped to Gatwick then ? , where is this showing ?

Still Heathrow on my booking

Jules
I think they are only cancelling flights up to the 14th June to Heathrow , then they start flying there on 14th June. My return flight to Heathrow wasn't cancelled only the outbound one, so flying out of Gatwick and back to Heathrow.

It is on BA schedule that they start flying from Heathrow 14th June
Old 19 Apr 21, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Copey10
Getting Excited

My original booking was through BA via PHL. I contacted BA and was changed on to the LGW out back through LHR then the LGW leg was cancelled so was put on LHR both ways.
I have checked my dates and its not showing any flights from LGW, not sure whats going on.
Copey10 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I think you misunderstood .
It wasn’t a case of ticking each month you believed it would be possible but when people believed travel would START.
That's not what the first few posts were doing though. They were providing the chance that people will be able to travel.

Otherwise, if they had 100% in one month then it means they think it's definitely going to start in that month. So the percentages in the other months would be zero, if they think it's definitely going to start in that other month.

That's why I was confused - it seemed some people were doing things differently to others.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~