Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Apr 21, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Sending you a big hug.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Aw bless you, sounds like you have a huge amount to deal with at the moment 😕 As others have said get the teens to take meals/brews to him. Also try and get them to help with jobs around the house for you too, you need to share the load and not have it all to do.
Sending a big hug

Jane xx
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
lardyboy
Getting Excited

Just wanted to say hang in there, as the old phrase goes "this too shall pass". No matter how hard it seems, it will get better. In the mean time, if you don't feel comfortable speaking to your GP, maybe try Mind - mind.uk/

Give them a call or contact them online, they will listen and may be able to offer advice, they helped my daughter on a number of occasions.

Personally, just offloading on here a few weeks ago about my own worries helped me no end, so hope you feel a little less pressure on you for a bit now you've done the same.

There's always someone here to listen, even if they don't have any advice to offer, it's nice to know someone is listening.

Take care

Lardy
lardyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

I agree with the other posters.

Please look after your own mental health, you have so much to deal with but you need to take care of youself.

Get your teens to help, make meals, tidy, shop. They are not babies and are of an age were they can take on this responsibility including knowing how much you are struggling to cope with work, housework and caring for your husband.

You also need to tell your husband.

If he is cocooning himself in bed, he is probably unaware of how much you are dealing with.
He needs to start to share the load and that means taking responsibility for his personal care and his recovery.
Unless he has been told to be on total bedrest, he should be up, dressed and downstairs everyday. He will probably need a few breaks with his feet up on the sofa but he needs to engage with the rest of the family. Hiding away only hinders your recovery.

I was on enforced bedrest for four months after ankle surgery and it was a bloody nightmare. I was either on the sofa, feet elevated or in bed, which had been set up downstairs, mostly in bed. I could not have managed being cut off from family life by staying in my bedroom and my poor husband would have been driven demented - as I suspect you feel - if he had to run up and down stairs multiple times a day to ensure I was well.

This is a horrible situation you are in, and I am sorry there is nothing else we can do to help.

Please get your children to help, tell your husband how you are struggling and please, please look after yourself. I hope things improve for you soon.
vowels is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Thank you to all, my dad came over for a coffee in the garden so managed to get dh downstairs, he was chatting and laughing with my dad so that's good. Its a hard , long road and i agree i need to take care of myself as i am really feeling run down x

Everyone is so kind x
Snowball24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Snowball24 View Post
Thank you to all, my dad came over for a coffee in the garden so managed to get dh downstairs, he was chatting and laughing with my dad so that's good. Its a hard , long road and i agree i need to take care of myself as i am really feeling run down x

Everyone is so kind x
Yes, just try and take care of yourself, have nice bath, early night etc, when you can. Hopefully things will start feeling better for you soon x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Thanks ,most nights I try and have a bath with a glass of wine as its so relaxing x
Snowball24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Gosh so sorry to read this

I'm not sure what your husband does but if he can make furniture to sell Etsy is free to use. The rustic shelves and tables are popular.

Good luck and sending love xxx
Old 21 Apr 21, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

You know what the pandemic is blooming hard enough without all your added problems. Perhaps it's best they have both happened together so when life gets back to normal it will be better all round.

As for Mumsnet, great entertainment if you don't get involved!

You have had lots of good advice on here so I'll just say take care of yourself X

Edited at 07:05 PM.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Wix is free to use I think , couldn’t he use the laptop at night or one of the kids tablets ?
Indeed or handover your ie OP laptop when you are normally online/Dibbing etc ? We can wait - a few minutes here and then of his time (and OPs supporting him) will pay great dividends

Edited at 08:55 PM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List