Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Apr 21, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Are you a morning person?

Are you an early riser, wake up full of beans and bursting with the ‘get up and go’ feeling?
Or not? Whats your early morning routine?
I am definitely not a morning person!

I am woke up by my husband as he opens the bedroom blinds and curtains and strokes my arm telling me to wake up. So I go down in a zombie like trance, take my medication whilst the kettle is on and take us both a coffee up. Whilst I have my morning coffee I like complete silence (before the onslaught of children), I read the news then come into the dibb.
No TV, no music, no noise whatsoever. However, even after living together for over 22 years my husband, who is a morning person, persists in chattering to me and pestering me 🤨 even though I completely ignore him 🙈 he has a full blown conversation with the side of my head because I don’t even look at him 😆
I asked him this morning why he can’t just be quiet and leave me alone, he answered that he won’t see me all day whilst at work so wants to chat to his wife. As sweet as that is I still want silence. My older two get ready for school and college in complete silence too as they take after me so when they get up my husband starts pestering them too and he just gets ignored 😬🤣😬
There is only our youngest who is a chatterbox in a morning.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I get up at varying times from 5.00am on as I don't sleep well.

I come downstairs and put the coffee on and fire up the PC. Read the news, check my Bank Account to make sure I haven't been robbed and wait for my Wife to send me a text message saying 'coffee please'

Then we natter away about things when she comes down after an hour or so.

If nobody bothered to talk to me I would deliberately annoy them instead.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 08:39 AM. Reason: Spelling
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

Yes always have, a shift worker in the past 2pm may have been my mornings.
At present working 7 till finish so up at 5 ish .
I however am lucky enough to sleep well.
Old 21 Apr 21, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
tigerfee
VIP Dibber

I am the same.
I wake up early and once I'm awake that's it. I can't go back to sleep so get up and want to get on with my day, but I like silence. I dont want to talk for at least an hour. I need time to come to myself.
My husband opens his eyes and starts singing/talking and doesn't stop, that's him till bedtime 🤣
tigerfee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m happy to get up early but I do prefer a slow & quiet start to my day (& will wake up as early as necessary to achieve this).
Old 21 Apr 21, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Floridatilly, I’m like you I’m not a morning person at all. I’m not sure if it’s because I worked years of evening and twilight shifts when my children were young but I just don’t like mornings!
I’ve been off work with depression for the last 2 months and I’m going back to work next week. The thought of a 6:15 start is horrifying me😢. I think I’ve probably got SAD as well because winter is definitely my worst time!
The only time I manage mornings okay is when I’m at Disney😅
Old 21 Apr 21, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I get up at varying times from 5.00am on as I don't sleep well.

I come downstairs and put the coffee on and fire up the PC. Read the news, check my Bank Account to make sure I haven't been robbed and wait for my Wife to send me a text message saying 'coffee please'

Then we natter away about things when she comes down after an hour or so.

If nobody bothered to talk to me I would deliberately annoy them instead.
I do think he deliberately does it to annoy me 🤨🤣
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes definitely a morning person. I don’t sleep well and wake up any time from 5am, I do lay in bed scrolling on my phone for a while but I like being the first up. Same at the weekends as I can’t lie in at all so I get up and watch a couple of hours TVin peace!

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

I'm not a morning person though that maybe due to the lack of sleep I get during the night. The boys are not either they will happily sleep in and it takes ages to get them up/out of bed even at disney

DD works the early shift so has to get up early but even on her days off she rarely sleeps in. I wouldn't mind but she is so noisy in the mornings and the dog feel the need to wake me up to let him out even though she's up. Once I get up to let him out she feels the need to talk to me usually about some random stuff when all I want to do is go back to bed for a couple of hours before I have to get ds up for school and if I'm up for too long I can not get back to sleep no matter how much I try.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I got up at 5am for work for years and didn’t enjoy that. I don’t sleep well these days and now I get up at about 7am with perhaps a lie in until 8am at the weekends. DH gets up at 8am during the week and at the weekend it could be 9:30-10:00am. I enjoy a couple of hours to myself in the morning but I don’t need the time to myself and would be equally happy if DH got up at the same time. That isn’t likely to happen.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List