Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Apr 21, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Park Reservations. How are you planning?

My tickets have now linked on MDE for my trip next year. I’m not going make reservations yet as it’s so far away and so much could change. Just wondering how everyone is choosing what park on what day? It’s hard to know. I’m going to look at the Dibb theme parks hours from 2019 when it was last “normal” and hope it’s something similar. I’m guessing by august 2022 MNSSHP will be back on as well so I want to make sure I select the right days to do the Magic Kingdom.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

I just booked so i know im gonna get in! Hopefully be able to move about nearer time
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I just alternated but didn’t otherwise put much thought into it, I would have factored in MNSSHP dates but as I don’t know when they will be (if at all) I couldn’t do anything about it. Not going now anyway, but I have gone through the park reservation process.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
SuzyM
Very Serious Dibber

SuzyM's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have booked all mine already - it is easy to change them if you change your mind.

I did exactly what you suggested - use the busy day guides from 2019 as a guide to which parks were busy on which day (matching days rather than dates) and did it that way. However a lot of that was based on EMH - so if that is not brought back (which I don't think it is from what I have read) then it probably doesn't make a lot of difference.

I will check them once the hours come out and details of any events etc and change then if necessary.
TDL and DLHK: July/Aug 2017; DCL: 2023 Alaska (Wonder)
SuzyM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I had a look last night but there was so many extra ticketed events in august 2019 so it’s hard to judge what it will be like. I’ll still use that method I think.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
My tickets have now linked on MDE for my trip next year. I’m not going make reservations yet as it’s so far away and so much could change. Just wondering how everyone is choosing what park on what day? It’s hard to know. I’m going to look at the Dibb theme parks hours from 2019 when it was last “normal” and hope it’s something similar. I’m guessing by august 2022 MNSSHP will be back on as well so I want to make sure I select the right days to do the Magic Kingdom.
There's nothing wrong in using the DIBB's Park Hours page from 2019 to base which parks you book on which days. However, the DIBB's recommendations are no longer valid. It used to be based on which days the parks had EMH and, as EMH has now been discontinued and won't be coming back, the recommendations won't be correct.

The thing is, right now, there's nothing really determining which parks are best to visit on which days. Just choose them at random. Or go with whatever order you want.

Just keep in mind that MK will always be busier than the other parks, the parks tend to be busier at weekends because that's when more locals attend, and the parks will be busier around American holidays.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

We're just doing what we would normally do based on what the busy day guide would presumably have been.
SteveyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve literally just alternated between the four parks for the 2 weeks putting a couple more Hollywood studios in than say animal kingdom...will only probably be using 8-9 days worth anyway as have universal and discovery cove booked aswell
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

I'm just going with the idea of alternating parks on weekdays and looking at planning in waterparks/shopping/pool days at the weekend. The only anomaly to that plan is the first full day we're there is a Sunday and we've agreed that the first day will be an Animal Kingdom day.
Pretty much that simple for me at the moment. I've got plenty of time though, so things could change with my plan and many things could change in reality with park hours/reservation system etc...
Old 22 Apr 21, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

I would book reservations for the park now, don’t wait as no one knows what will happen with covid restrictions hopefully things get better but nothing is guaranteed, I have booked my park days for every day of my sept trip and every day of my nov trip, I dont plan on doing Disney every dAy but by doing this gives me maximum flexibility to go to the parks and if I decide one morning not to go I will just cancel the reservation for that particular park
Orlandoguy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List