Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Apr 21, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
missy E
Imagineer

missy E's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
DS26 left home at 18, went to uni in Loughborough then stayed in the area with his then DGF. Moved to the Netherlands in 2019 after staying with us for 5 months after they split.
DD22 left to go to uni at 18, still there but planning to stay in area (Aberdeen) with her DBF.

We live in Essex, so far away

I left home at 26 to move in with DH full time after I was made redundant & had been living over two homes due to getting to work. We got married the year after.

Edited at 06:51 AM.
missy E is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenLime
Apprentice Imagineer

I was away at Uni between 18-22. I had the summer after finals at home then moved out to a rented flat to start a new job in a new city in the September.
My husband did the same. We bought our first home 4 years later.

I fully expect our children to be with us until mid-twenties, should they wish to stay in the South East/London . The rental prices are shocking and I can’t see them being in a position to buy at the same age we were. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if they are able to move out before then but I’m not banking on it.
HelenLime is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I was in and out from age of 17 as I worked for diffrent agents I worked for butlins and a lot in London was on the housing list for 7 years from age of 18 and left for good at around 22 as I got a council place on the 9th floor of a block of flats with in 18 months this was per hell lots of things Wong with it when Maria moved in properly I was told she could not live in a place like that I agreed but she did stay. I called our housing officer who said sorry just becurse the place is un liveable for your partner dose not mean we move you. I told her world she come around and she was a bit oh ok but you not change my mind. Long story short she was meant to come around at 9 am she did not turn up until one pm some one not me had taken the fuse from the lift and she was stuck the lift smelt of wee ect she looked unwell done her a cup of tea she looked around the flat put her had on the wall mould came off in her hand showed her some bed sheets damp and other things she said so sorry you can not live in a place like this there a lot need to be done to the flat and the block. We where out with in 6 months in to the place that we in know been here for 35 years
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Mine are still here. 20 and nearly 16

I left home temporarily for work at 20 and never went back.
Old 22 Apr 21, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Ours left aged 7 and 9.

The reason being they went to School and we moved house that day with no forwarding address.

A long time ago now but I think our youngest was 19 and the eldest was 20 or thereabouts.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by nadya View Post
Yes,10 children 😀
Wow that’s impressive, I would have put a tv in the bedroom after 2 I couldn’t afford the holidays 😂🤣
captain-codeye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I went to uni at 18, came back at 22 and couldn’t adjust to being at home, it just wasn’t the same, don’t get me wrong i loved home but I just liked my own space.

Then evening I went out to my local, had a few too many and went home and left the door open, someone came in and took a few things, I felt awful for leaving the door open, I decided it was time, so 22 for me!
captain-codeye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I was 20 and moved into a rented flat owned by a family member in my second year of uni. Lived there on my own, with my ex and then with my partner and our oldest daughter until we bought our house when I was 29. My sister is 31 and lives with my parents, not sure she'll ever move out although she did live away for uni for 3 years. My kids are 9, 6 and 5 so will be a while before they move out!
Old 22 Apr 21, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Dayle
Imagineer

DD left for uni at 18, has had a couple of 6 month stints back at home saving for travelling, first lockdown. Is now in a shared house in London although talks of moving back North in a year or two.
Dayle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
My eldest went to uni for 3 years but came home when lockdown started. She’s now 23 and working. She’d love to move away for a theatre job but it’s tough times at the moment.

My youngest is 17. I expect she will leave for uni next year (yikes! ) but after uni. Who knows.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List