Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Apr 21, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Very sad. He was a neighbour while I was living in Lower Clapton and was cheery chap Although lived in a multi million pound house he had his issues with drink, drugs and police that were well reported - I think a troubled soul. Hope he has found peace. RIP Les
(And yes I had a tartan skarf on my wrist - outs of sight of my parents ! )
What must we all of looked like in our tartan

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Very sad. He was a neighbour while I was living in Lower Clapton and was cheery chap Although lived in a multi million pound house he had his issues with drink, drugs and police that were well reported - I think a troubled soul. Hope he has found peace. RIP Les
(And yes I had a tartan skarf on my wrist - outs of sight of my parents ! )

I’ve met him a couple of times in recent years , as you say he had his demons and health issues but seemed a genuinely nice man
I do have a memory of a Smash Hits concert around 1974 at Earls Court that was a mass of tartan.

Edited at 07:18 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

I knew the members of the Bay City Rollers before they became famous. I never knew Les Mckeown though as he replaced their original singer (Nobby Clark). I met them loads of times (also used to see them at the various clubs in town) and have lots of photos of my friend and I with them somewhere. They lived locally. I even snogged one of them once (not telling!).

I remember meeting their manager in the street one time and he got us into a concert to see Amen Corner (remember them?). He asked if we were going in and we said we had no money so he ushered us in (we were only teenagers).

Great memories from my youth.

Edited at 07:21 PM.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
I knew the members of the Bay City Rollers before they became famous. I never knew Les Mckeown though as he replaced their original singer (Nobby Clark). I met them loads of times and have photos of my friend and I with them somewhere. They lived locally. I even snogged one of them once (not telling!).

I remember meeting their manager in the street and he got us into a concert to see Amen Corner (remember them?). He asked if we were going in and we said we had no money so he ushered us in.

Great memories from my youth.

Ohhhh did you snog my Eric 🤔🤣
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
What must we all of looked like in our tartan
I know - I even found an old photo of me with it round my wrist . I wanted the trousers with tartan sides but the scarf got banned by my parents . I feel they know how embarrassed I would be in my order age thinking back - glad I wasnt alone in admitting it here xx
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

I loved this...
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
Ohhhh did you snog my Eric 🤔🤣
No.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mags1962
I want to go now!

Happy Days RIP
Old 22 Apr 21, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Down memory lane 😥
Old 22 Apr 21, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I know - I even found an old photo of me with it round my wrist . I wanted the trousers with tartan sides but the scarf got banned by my parents . I feel they know how embarrassed I would be in my order age thinking back - glad I wasnt alone in admitting it here xx
I think we are in good company on this thread and nobody is embarrassed to admit to the tartan

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List