Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 8 May 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile Tit for tat. Birthday on board...May 19. Cherbourg

Alarm woke us up at 6. As usual I was the first up and showered followed by Georgia. Hubby and Scarlett are the type that struggle to get out of bed in a morning.

Straight to the buffet. Didn’t think it was very good to be honest. I can’t stand snotty eggs and these were. Sausage was nice and so was the blueberry muffin.

Went to the gangway at 8am. They let us off almost straight away. There were lots of coaches waiting and we couldn’t work out where to go. There were a lot of armed men too. So I asked someone and they told me to get on the shuttle bus. This was our first mistake. Cost me £12 for a 5min bus ride that we could have walked! Lesson learnt I hope.

Scarlett and Georgia said bonjour to anyone who would listen.

My god Cherbourg is boring. We took €150 out with us and guess how much I spent? Not even a euro. Not one.
We walked around for about 2 hours. We saw a navy ship and submarine in the harbour and also the l’hermoine ship which is a replica. There were lots of shops with lovely patisseries in them but it was too early for those.

Kids just complained all the way. They were cold. They were bored. When could they go to the kids club. To be honest we were bored too and cold so we called it a day at that. Was really regretting setting an alarm. Would have been better to stay in bed and have gone to Cherbourg later in the day.

Back on the boat we went to java and hubby had a chocolate flake tea pig. He said it was nice. I didn’t think it was.
Kids had an apple. Georgia managed to drop hers on the floor so Scarlett decided to apologise for her sister to the waiter about the apple. Bless her.

Was about lunch time but we decided to go check out Brodie’s which has a pub type feel to it.

I ordered a g&t and hubby wanted a sour beer. Well turns out they don’t have that beer and neither did they have the tonic I asked for so back to the drawing board. I ordered a different tonic and hubby got a lemon beer instead.
Georgia was shattered. I think she’s coming down with something. She crawled up on hubby for a cuddle and she was gone. Couldn’t keep her eyes open bless her.

Scarlett asked if she could order a special drink so she read the cocktail menu herself and chose one. Ordered it with the waitress and even signed her name for it herself she was well impressed with herself. Was apple and lemonade with mint I think. No alcohol obviously even though she did ask me if she could have some of my gin. She’s counting down the years before she can have proper ones.

We decided it was time for lunch. Headed up to the buffet but kids wanted to try the outside grill.

Got chicken chips burger and hotdog to share between us to see what we liked. Didn’t like any of it to the honest. Hubby and I decided to start on the cocktails. It was only 12 degrees but we were sat out of the wind so was nice and warm. I had a daiquiri and hubby a pina colada. Didn’t rate these at all. Girls wanted to try the kids cocktail so we got a crush and it was nice. We’re going to get an ice cream sundae but again we’re told they didn’t do that one and we didn’t fancy any others so I left it. Kids were pretty disappointed.

There is a couple of things niggling at me about this cruise so far. That’s now 3 things they don’t have and there was also a wine missing for a lady in sindu as we heard every word about it. Also kids were supposed to get special bedding pink I would assume and jellybeans on there bed to make it special for them. Didn’t get this on first night. Thought I would wait and see if they did this tonight. (They didn’t) There is also I horrible smell of what I would say between very bad fart and sewage. They say it’s just to scheduled maintenance but they never told us prior that this would be going on and also the internet is full of stories about it so I’m thinking is not just the maintenance.

Anyway. We went back to the room after our drink hoping Scarlett would nap but she didn’t. After tidying up a little and putting my bag down with all my millions of coats in it decided to go back to the bars in the sun and make most of it.
Tried to sit on the top bar called breakers but I couldn’t stand the smell. Back to where we sat for lunch in the nice sun and ordered the best cocktail, the kids section ones got a crush and punch. I liked the punch best. Then tried the mint chocolate one and another crush. Kids did some drawings.

By this time kids wanted to watch the boat sail away so we went to the back of the boat and sat there for a bit.
Was very boring and the kids were playing up so we went back and got showered and changed.

This was buffet menu. Didn’t fancy it at all.

Had decided to try the sit down meal tonight in the meridian restaurant. I had prawn cocktail then mustard ham with mash and hubby had same. I then had a chocolate thing for desert. Can’t remember what pudding hubby had. Kids had chicken nuggets and chips and cookies. I was so fed up during this meal. I had to get up 4 times to take the kids to the toilet. Don’t know if it was because they were trying the cocktails or just messing about but I was fed up. Meal was ok. Better than the buffet but nothing special. I forgot to take photos again though. Good job I’m not doing a good report cos it’s hard remembering to take photos. Hubby also had a wine that’s exclusive to this ship. He said it was nice.

Kids decided they wanted to go to the kids club. Yay! So they went there but only for an hour cos we were knackered. While they were there we went to the planet bar which is always the quietest. Hubby got a Tropicana and I got a daiquiri. Both non alcoholic ones this time as we had enough for today.

Me and hubby don’t usually do photos anymore but we managed to take a lovely one just outside this bar.

Picked kids up, back to cabin for pjs and bed. Everyone apart from me was straight to sleep.

Tomorrow is a sea day and hubby’s birthday.

Bill today
Shuttle £12.00
Tea £2.15
Lemon beer £4.20
Gin £3.45
Tonic £2.15
Cocktail £3.05
Daiquiri £6.25
Pina colada £6.25
Crush £1.60
Crush £1.60
Punch £1.60
Crush £1.60
Mint £1.60
Wine £5.65
Daiquiri £3.05
Tropicana £3.05 £59.25
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

Doesn't sound like a great day. Hope other ones went more to plan.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I'm really sorry you didn't enjoy your day today. I was hoping for a fun packed day from you as I'm reading with interest as that's me in 3 weeks (Fjords though but same ship).
Hope your sea day is relaxing
Old 8 May 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
I'm really sorry you didn't enjoy your day today. I was hoping for a fun packed day from you as I'm reading with interest as that's me in 3 weeks (Fjords though but same ship).
Hope your sea day is relaxing
We are also on our first cruise which is Norway and the Ffjords next month. Sailing on Britannia on 8th June.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
We are also on our first cruise which is Norway and the Ffjords next month. Sailing on Britannia on 8th June.
I’m the 1st x
Old 8 May 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Hopefully you have better days
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I think I just chose rubbish ports. To be fair we booked it as it was a good deal not due the ports. Was good fun though most of time
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I always try to do a bit of research about the ports of call and the tours or stuff to do, have been to some equally boring ports in my time - usually northern spain. Hope the smell gets sorted!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Did do a bit of research for the ports and there wasn’t anything. We were bothered for so didn’t do the excursions but no way did I expect not to spend anything. I thought we would at least get lunch extra.