Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 9 Jul 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Libandarchie
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

RCI Bahama Cruise - Questions on CocoCay and Nassau

We are onboard Navigator of the Seas for 3 night Bahamas Cruise. Where is the best place to position yourself on CocoCay and what excursion would you do in Nassau - I have two kids age 12 and 15.
Libandarchie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I am on a 4 nighter in a month, same cruise.

Nassau I am walking around the town, then heading back to the ship. The excursions do not look overly amazing for kids (mine are same age) and I figure they would probably prefer to spend time on an emptier ship. The ones at the beach etc don't appeal much, and the one at Atlantis waterpark is ridiculously priced, and I doubt it will match up to either the ones in Orlando we are doing same holiday or the one on Cococay.

CocoCay I have the water park tickets- 39.99 each I think, bought in advance. So I will likely be in that section.
Old 28 Jul 19, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I am on a 4 nighter in a month, same cruise.

Nassau I am walking around the town, then heading back to the ship. The excursions do not look overly amazing for kids (mine are same age) and I figure they would probably prefer to spend time on an emptier ship. The ones at the beach etc don't appeal much, and the one at Atlantis waterpark is ridiculously priced, and I doubt it will match up to either the ones in Orlando we are doing same holiday or the one on Cococay.

CocoCay I have the water park tickets- 39.99 each I think, bought in advance. So I will likely be in that section.
Hi,
We are also doing the 4 night cruise - sail date 5/8/19.
For the Cococay stop - are the tickets not included in the cruise?
We’ve also decided to just have a look around Nassau rather than do an excursion. There are quite a few things to do like the 66 steps etc.
2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 02:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hi all we are just off a 3 nighter on Mariner. Fab! No one wanted to get off. We have been to Nassau 3 times and won't be going back again. There is nothing to it. You would spend a max of an hour walking thru shops but not my idea of a holiday. Nice to stretch your feet but we were back on ship after an hour. Loads to do on the ship.
Perfect Day at Coco Cay was amazing! Yes you have to pay extra access to the water park is not included. You also need to get it b4 you sail and online as it is more expensive on the ship.
Old 30 Jul 19, 05:38 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hooray4Disney View Post
Hi,
We are also doing the 4 night cruise - sail date 5/8/19.
For the Cococay stop - are the tickets not included in the cruise?
We’ve also decided to just have a look around Nassau rather than do an excursion. There are quite a few things to do like the 66 steps etc.
You on,y have to pay for the water park and activities like zip line. There’s lots to do otherwise including a huge pool for free.

We are just looking around Nassau also, then back on ship. I’ve paid good money for food and drink already!
Old 1 Aug 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

We did the Perfect Day Cruise on the Navigator 2 weeks ago.

We did not pay for any extras at all, our first cruise and didn't need them.

Coca Cay had lots to do without the waterpark (there is a free fun splash area for kids, and a huge pool) - we took our own snorkel masks, and visited 3 beaches. There is free food and drinks there too.

We did the walk around Nassau - if we hadn't had a full on day at the beach the day before, we may have been tempted to go to the beach (looks like you could walk to one behind Senior Fogs maybe?). But we used rest of day to enjoy the ship.

Atlantis may be worth a visit - but as we had a week after doing water parks and theme parks, we didn't see the need.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List