Notices

Old 6 Mar 17, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

The let's do everything we've been meaning to do on previous trips trip

It's the last hurrah on our DisneyLand Paris Dream Pass year of fun. We've had the long weekend in June that kicked this all off.

Then the Halloween visit at Davy Crocket Ranch.

Then the surprise trip to Santa Fe.

And now we have the 5 day extravaganza at Sequoia Lodge trying to fit in a whole load of stuff we've been meaning to do and redoing our favourite bits from the last trips. And to include a reasonable amount of downtime to enjoy the pool, late starts, fireworks and glowtinis.

I was totally undecided whether to book Davey Crocket, Cheyenne, Sequoia Lodge or Golden Forest. I’d rung twice to get quotes. I finally decided that GF was just too much this time. I really wanted to walk rather than drive to the parks. Then realised that with a 5 day stay we’d need some decent down time so it was SL for the pool and more comfortable lounge. The boys are more than excited about having the pool and being so close to everything! With the Dream Pass discount it was £814 for a Montana room for 4 nights.

The Eurotunnel is booked at our usual times. 6:20am out and 22:20 home. This means we're in the parks for lunch on the first day and until 5 in the parks on our last day so lots of time to fit everything in! It was £92 with £30 Tesco vouchers. When we next have annual passes I'll be buying their 10 crossing package!

The new things we really want to do are:
Everything for the 25th Anniversary (can't wait for the boys to see the Dragon and new fireworks).
Chez Remy (this has been on Pete's list since the first trip).
Buffalo Bills Wild West Show (long been on my list and Doug loves a good Mickey Mouse show).
Café Fantasia for hot chocolate and a glowtini (Pete's desperate to stay at the Hotel but this is as close as he's likely to get until he can pay for himself. And me).
Plaza Gardens character breakfast (if reports are good!).
Thunder Mountain and ToT (if Doug can just grow that last 6cm before May. He’ll be 4.yo and more than up for riding but just too tiny).

The final new thing we're going to try is taking it a bit easier! We're really good at throwing ourselves into things and not stopping to take a break. This time I'm making sure we have a rest from the parks every day. Stop to smell the popcorn and enjoy just being on holiday for a change. And drink a glowtini. There will definitely be cocktails this holiday.

Edited at 09:50 PM. Reason: Pictures
sallybunny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List