Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 4 Jun 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Tokyo May 2019 - Day Two - DisneySea - Part 1

Tokyo May 2019 – Day Two – DisneySea

We had gone to bed with the intention of waking up about 7:00 to get into the park queue before opening, at about 08:30.

Well that never happened, we slept through the alarm and woke about 08:30, feeling nicely refreshed.

Quick shower and headed to the main restaurant area at the Hilton, as my Hilton Honors Gold status gave me free breakfast. We chose that over the nibbles that the Lounge access might have given us. Now this Gold status I get through work (I have not stayed enough times in a Hilton to earn it) and to be honest, on the few times I have stayed in a Hilton hotel have not really thought it gave me much. Yes a room upgrade (if available) is very nice, but with so few stays I do not really notice the benefits. Well not at this Hilton, we were treated like gods!

As approached the entrance, the queue split into two, everyone else to one side, Hilton Honors to the other – our side had a bit of red carpet too! Walked across the huge restaurant with the nice water fall type panels, and sat in a separate area from others. They explained the buffet system and off we went. Now for breakfast I am normally 2 pieces of toast and some OJ type of guy, but was feeling a bit peckish I sent off for a good look at it all

A large buffet that covered Western, Japanese and Chinese (dim sum) choices, there was a separate area for kids menu (pancakes, waffles, cereal etc.) and an omelette station where someone cooked them to order. Very nice selection I thought. Well I had some scrambled eggs and bacon, my better half had a bit of everything - but we both ate well, lets put it like that.

Then we headed off and walked out of the hotel, down the driveway, across the road to the monorail station, and hopped on. After a few minutes we arrived at the DisneySea station and go off. Before we came on this trip, I watched a zillion YouTube videos and a guy had posted a video, that started with a shot looking down onto the entrance of DisneySea, with the globe fountain there. I asked on forums and did searches but could not find out where this great spot was. Should not have worried, got onto the platform and there was a glass door that said VIEWING AREA or similar, and there was a balcony looking over where I wanted – doh!

Coming down out of the station I was taken how big the place was, how wide the places where people would walk where, how spacious and airy it all felt. Tickets scanned, bags searched and we came into the plaza with the fountain I had seen above.

Stunning – I thought it was amazing, and the partner statue of Walt and mickey was there also.

After gawping around much longer than my better half thought was needed, we headed through the archway into the main part of the park – amazing to think that we were going under the Hotel Miracosta at DisneySea, I think the only Disney hotel that is inside one of their parks. Walking through archway there were shops either side but we got to the end and back into the sun.

Spank me with a copy of Woman’s Realm!

In front of me was a vast plaza, with a raised stage at the edge of a vast lagoon, with a freaking volcano on the other side of it! My better half let out a small stream of very bad words in awe of what we saw, my bottom jaw was catching my knees and I felt a lump in my throat – it was simply overwhelming how it looked. I have done 32 trips over the years to Florida Disney, loved every trip and it was my gold standard, but this…… photos do not do it justice.

We then had to go hunt one of the smoking spots as my better half is a smoker, and the nearest was in the pirate ship area, on the far side of the lagoon, so off we set. Got there and off they popped, and I walked a bit further to stand overlooking the lagoon. Nice timing, as the water based Easter show started, and I was stood when the boats enter the lagoon.

An excellent show with loads of boats full of characters started, and guy on jet ski rushing around. The biggest boat tied up and loads of characters got off and performed on the stage I mentioned earlier, and a smaller one to one side. It was good fun.

We then walked through the volcano base into the Jules Verne / steam punk type area and again I stopped with my mouth open in awe. The themeing was amazing – there is a volcano there and a huge tunnel boring machine sticking out of the side of it! There is a full size Nautilus submarine in the water, wow just does not convey how amazing it all looks. So we got a fast pass for Journey To The Centre of the Earth, about an hour away, and then walked onto 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

Both rides were superb, Journey used the Test track ride system and was a quite slow ride until the surprise at the end! We stopped in a café there for a snack (some nuts) and a drink, to take this amazing area in.

Then we walked out of that land into the Little Mermaid area, past a hands washing station that dispenses foam soap in the shape of Mickey – very cute. Again, as we approach my mind was blown – it looked like a full size replica of King Tritons kingdom from the movie poster – turrets and all.

Walking inside reveals a full indoor kiddie theme park with rides for little ones, and a show we walked into think it was called King Tritons Concert. You walked into a circular theatre that sat a couple of hundred in circular rows of seats. Then it started an Ariel appeared from the roof, on wires, “swimming” around above us, singing, dancing in time to the songs, from freaking wires! Curtains in the wall raised up to reveal a huge animatronic King Triton, and then puppets of Sebastian and Flounder came in – same type of puppetry as finding Nemo show at AK in Florida. Just an amazing show.

Walked out of that and walked around the indoor area a bit, and saw a massive whale with a gift store in

AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinkletoes47
VIP Dibber

Amazing - loving your report and now need to look at flight deals 😉

DRP 7 times to date!
Anaheim 1984, 1995, 2005
Miami and Kissimmee 1992, Highland Reserve 2011
Universal Cabana Bay, Disney Caribbean Beach, Miami, Key West 2015
New York New York Las Vegas 2016
NYC and Los Angeles 2017
Chicago to Vegas Route 66 Road Trip 2019
Twinkletoes47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Rae21
Excited about Disney

Making me want to go even more now! Thanks for doing this it’s much appreciated 😄
Rae21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List