Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 4 May 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Fab start, looking forward to following along.

We have booked to stay in the Future rock star club suite for 4 nights in October, can't wait!

Loving your nails by the way. 💅🏽

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
maronnettes
Trying for More Ears

Day 4 – Typhoon Lagoon and Disney Springs

We started off the day with the usual Krispy Kreme and pop tarts, we did this just abut every day. I love a Krispy Kreme with a coffee sat on our balcony at OKW. This is the view from our room

Today we were off to Typhoon Lagoon this was the boys favourite water park last time prior to Volcano. I would say they like both equally now as they just love the wave pool at TL but the slides at Volcano are better. I don’t really like the slides so have a chilled day whilst they are all entertaining themselves on the slides and the craziest wave pool you’ll ever see! They spend hours in it. I do bob about in the lazy river with Wayne and venture onto a slide occasionally lol
We always buy a refillable mug at the water parks, so this year we took a couple of our resort refillable mugs so we could all get what we wanted in the TL mug and pour into our own.
I read all the menus in advance (sad I know ha) so I had seen that they did fried ice cream. The previous year we went to Turkey and had fried ice cream as a dessert and OMG it was unbelievable. Ben had loved it so was excited to try it. Unfortunately, it did not live up to expectations, it was just a massive ball of ice cream covered in an odd heavy batter that I think had coconut in. I am not a coconut fan, Ben didn’t like it either, so it went in the bin. He then ran off and came back with a doughnut from the Joffreys stand to top up his sugar levels! Josh also got a doughnut, he loved these and got several throughout the holiday. Tom got a coffee from the Joffreys stand and Ben then got a caramel coffee, I can’t remember if this was a cold one over ice or frozen. Either way he enjoyed it. I usually get a funnel cake but don’t have a pic so must have been slacking that day!

Next we went for lunch, love how I can get alcohol on the dining plan now! So I got a beef and rice dish, it was really really good. I’ve seen on the menu, they have changed it to chicken now but I think it will still be nice. I will get that this year. Wayne got a burger which had pulled pork and a pineapple in. He gave me the pineapple as he doesn’t like them…I LOVE pineapple, so I had it with my rice dish. I am one of those people who love it on a pizza, it’s not the same if I don’t have it. I don’t seem to have a picture of my drink but I think I got a frozen strawberry daquiri. You can get non alcoholic ones, they just pour in a shot of rum (or whatever it is) onto a non alcoholic slushy. It was very yummy. Tom also got a burger but I think his had pulled chicken on with no pineapple. Josh and Ben both got chicken strips and fries.

We then went back to OKW and got changed before heading off to Disney Springs for our TS meal at Planet Hollywood. I know this gets quite a few bad reviews but we had a really good meal. Our server was really good, nice cocktails and nice food. Obviously it’s not fancy but we enjoyed the atmosphere and theming.

I had had my eye on the mac and cheese burger for a while and it did not disappoint. I shall be getting it again this year for sure. I don’t often pick burgers but I am glad I tried this. Yum! Mac and cheese, plus bacon in a burger, heaven lol I also got a mule type cocktail but can’t remember what it was called, it was nice. Tom got the same as me but he had the fries that came with it where as I swapped for steak fries which I think are much nicer

Wayne and Ben both got steak and chips, they really enjoyed these

Josh got the ribs, he didn't love them as he said the flavour was too smokey, which I think is really popular in America

Only myself, Wayne and Tom got a dessert. I got key lime pie in a jar, this was delicious. Wayne got brownie in a jar which he really enjoyed and Tom got sticky toffee pudding which he really liked also. Ben decided he wanted a starbucks for his dessert and got a caramel Frappuccino, minus the cream as he doesn't like it.

And that was us done for another day, we went back and had a swim at OKW and finished off with myself and Wayne having a couple of drinks by the pool whilst the kids were swimming.

Edited at 09:24 AM.
maronnettes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Samski
Proud to wear my Ears

Loving this food report. It all looks so good! Thanks for sharing!

Pop Century or All Star Movies September 2025 Trip planned!

DLP - Santa Fe November 2019
Samski is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
slaleyhall
VIP Dibber

slaleyhall's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 22
Mobile

Loving it so far x
Old 5 May 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
maronnettes
Trying for More Ears

Day 5 – Magic Kingdom

We were off to see the castle today, love seeing it when you are on the ferry. I just can’t wait to be back in September. For some reason I can only find breakfast and lunch pics today. I know we wouldn’t have missed a meal but I must have forgot to take pics and can’t remember where we ate now, sorry.
We started off the day at Gastons tavern, I hadn’t tried a cinnamon roll there before so was excited to give it a whirl. Wow, I loved it a lot. Myself and Ben shared this, we asked for extra icing. The extra pot of icing just makes it even better, we both loved it but it really is huggeeeee. It was big enough that Wayne had a piece too. Tom didn’t want anything, he had already had a poptart. Ben had too but he loves sweet stuff like me, so was happy to have a second breakfast lol Josh also had a second breakfast as he had started off with a Krispy Kreme and then got a chocolate croissant at Gastons. We will go back here this year as even though we won’t be on the dining plan it is a really good value snack considering the size of it.

For lunch we used a TS credit and went to Liberty Tree Tavern. I was really looking forward to this. I picked lunch time as the menu is more varied, on an evening you can only get the patriots platter which is kind of like a Sunday dinner but with mac and cheese, oh and no Yorkshires. I knew the kids would rather pick something else, so at lunch time you can also get pasta, burgers, fish and chips etc. They give you bread to start which were lovely, Tom especially loved the bread wherever we went. I went for the patriots platter, it was so much food! I loved it but felt bad leaving the amount I did. I would recommend it though, it was lovely. You get a salad to start then Turkey, pork and beef pot roast with mashed potatoes, stuffing, veg, mac and cheese, gravy and cranberry sauce. I got a glass of prosecco to drink, very nice. Unfortunately our server was non existent at this meal, I had to go searching for tomato sauce for Josh and to find him so I could order a second round of drinks.

Wayne got a bacon and cheese burger which he enjoyed, he also tried a bit of mine. He got a lager.

Josh and Ben got fish and chips, Ben had made me scrape off all the coleslaw as he didn’t want it touching his fish and chips!

Tom got chicken mac and cheese, he really liked it

For dessert my platter comes with the ooey gooey toffee cake, this is the best dessert ever. I want to go back just for this! It really is so so delicious. Wayne got a cheese cake and Ben got strawberry sorbet with fruit.

We also got snacks whilst we were in MK, a mickey pretzel with cheese, nice but not a fan of the plastic cheese. A churro, this is just ok, nothing beats a fresh churro from Spain! Josh got another Joffreys doughnut and Ben got a mickey icecream lolly.

That's another day done, thanks for reading along
maronnettes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

enjoying reading along, we love Bubba Gumps and Yak and Yeti

We had the ribs at PH last year and weren't too impressed either, we had vouchers though so it wasn't bad. What did you think of OKW? We've only done SSR which we love but DD and DS (will be 13 and 10 by time we go) could really do with their own beds and we can't decide if we should aim for 1 bed OKW or 2 bed SSR, we love SSR but think we could fall in love with OKW too, am nervous as I don't know the areas and I'm not good with change lol.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
maronnettes
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
enjoying reading along, we love Bubba Gumps and Yak and Yeti

We had the ribs at PH last year and weren't too impressed either, we had vouchers though so it wasn't bad. What did you think of OKW? We've only done SSR which we love but DD and DS (will be 13 and 10 by time we go) could really do with their own beds and we can't decide if we should aim for 1 bed OKW or 2 bed SSR, we love SSR but think we could fall in love with OKW too, am nervous as I don't know the areas and I'm not good with change lol.
Just worked out how to answer whilst quoting your comment, I'm not good with technology lol I can't comment on SSR apart from the walk round I've seen Tim Tracker doing but OKW is just so beautiful. The apartments (or villas as they call them) are gorgeous, it's so spacious. The whole grounds there are so nice, I could live there. I am definitely going back at some point. You honestly won't be disappointed. We stayed near turtle pond pool which is a bit of a walk from the main pool and shop but is very peaceful. So it depends whether you would rather be nearer to the main pool but we would request Turtle pond again. I really want to go back for my 40th in two years.
Old 5 May 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

Great report, thanks! That cinnamon roll at Gastons looks great.
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Shipdog
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Enjoying reading this- we are going to be experiencing Dining Plan for first time this month! Can’t wait!
Shipdog is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

It all looks delicious! I dont know why I torture myself when I'm trying to lose Lbs for holiday by reading food reports but they're just tooooo good

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List