Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 9 May 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Just caught up with your report. I really want to try the ooey gooey toffee cake & the key lime pie in a jar & the brownie in a jar.
😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

The refurbished rooms at Old Key West are just beautiful. The kitchen is so handy and saves you a fortune on breakfast.

We enjoyed Planet Hollywood too, I think a lot of Disney dining is about new experiences so sometimes it is great just to have ‘normal’ food.

Thanks for sharing what comes with the lunchtime Patriot’s Platter, it used to be a little different from the dinner version and I’m not sure it came with mac and cheese in the past. OH will be pleased.

Also great to hear how much success you had with your Landry Card. I’m thinking about T-Rex for our first night but don’t want to book in case we’re too tired, or delayed.

You’ve eaten a few places that we’ll be going to this year, I am so excited, I can almost taste the food from your pictures!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
slaleyhall
VIP Dibber

slaleyhall's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 22
Mobile

Loving this so far. Mmm defo a theme there with u drinking alcohol 😂
Old 12 May 19, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
maronnettes
Trying for More Ears

:)

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I agree Blaze pizza is amazing and I am not really a pizza lover but we will definitely be going back there next year.
I did not realise that liberty tree’s menu was different at lunch, we discounted it due to the lack of options for the kids lol
What was the restaurant and atmosphere like there?
Thanks
Atmosphere was nice, it's colonial american themed so a lot of dark wood. Our waiter was just bad luck, everyone else seemed like they were getting asked for refills etc, we would definitely go back. Thanks for reading
maronnettes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
maronnettes
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
The refurbished rooms at Old Key West are just beautiful. The kitchen is so handy and saves you a fortune on breakfast.

We enjoyed Planet Hollywood too, I think a lot of Disney dining is about new experiences so sometimes it is great just to have ‘normal’ food.

Thanks for sharing what comes with the lunchtime Patriot’s Platter, it used to be a little different from the dinner version and I’m not sure it came with mac and cheese in the past. OH will be pleased.

Also great to hear how much success you had with your Landry Card. I’m thinking about T-Rex for our first night but don’t want to book in case we’re too tired, or delayed.

You’ve eaten a few places that we’ll be going to this year, I am so excited, I can almost taste the food from your pictures!
Thanks for reading, love your reports! Landry's cards are so convenient aren't they, we will definitely be using it again this year.
maronnettes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
maronnettes
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by slaleyhall View Post
Loving this so far. Mmm defo a theme there with u drinking alcohol 😂
You know me it's my usual theme ha living my life through pics of food and alcohol till I finish this diet programme! Can't wait to start seeing your foody pics next week though
Old 12 May 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I love reading a food report, I really should make the effort to write one up myself
How fantastic to be upgraded at HRH, I was impressed you managed to get to Bubba Gumps on the first night. The Landry card is such a godsend when you can just rock up without a reservation.
I love your view from the room at OKW I think its great to have a balcony. We haven’t managed to stay in one of the resorts with one just yet, I’m slowly working my way through them all!
Planet Hollywood seems to get mixed reviews on here but I would definitely be up for trying your mac n cheese burger, it looks really good.
Looking forward to reading the rest of your report, thanks for sharing it with us.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
slaleyhall
VIP Dibber

slaleyhall's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 22
Mobile

Originally Posted by maronnettes View Post
You know me it's my usual theme ha living my life through pics of food and alcohol till I finish this diet programme! Can't wait to start seeing your foody pics next week though
I can't wait to be eating again from Friday. I already know I'm having cake pretty much as soon as we get there and unpack lol. I'll be using those snack credits well. My food and drink pics will keep you going 👍
Old 12 May 19, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
maronnettes
Trying for More Ears

Day 8 – Blizzard Beach

Started off today with the usual doughnuts and pop tarts in the room. Then off we went to Blizzard Beach. For us this park is just ok, I think because the kids love the wave pool so much at Typhoon Lagoon it makes BB not seem as good. It does have a nice area for smaller kids and still has some decent slides too. So the food plan today was a late lunch at Sanaa at Animal Kingdom lodge – Kidani as it’s really close to BB. I think we booked in for about 2.30pm. Then we booked in to the Boathouse at about 9pm to give us enough time to recover from our late lunch!

Ben got a Joffreys doughnut

At around 11.30am Josh and Tom were hungry so they had their first lunch of the day! Tom got a pulled pork burger with crisps and Josh got a hot dog with crisps, I got 2 sangrias with these. So I was happy lol I got our refillable mug reactivated so the kids had as much soft drinks as they wanted all day. Wayne was driving so he couldn’t have a lager as he wanted one with his lunch.

At around 2pm we headed off to Kidani Village where Sanaa is located. We love this restaurant! Myself and Wayne went by ourselves when we went in 2015 and left the kids with my parents for the evening but the kids all like curry now so we thought they would also enjoy it. On the dining plan they let you have two different types of curry, a vegetable side dish and a rice dish. If you are paying out of pocket you only pick one curry dish, although I am sure you must be able to pay more for a second one.

We started off by getting the bread service, this is one of my favourite things. So so good! Three types of naan bread and two other Indian breads a kulcha and a paratha. Then we got all the dips, we all loved this. This is not included in the dining plan unless you are on the deluxe plan but definitely worth getting. As none of us wanted dessert today our server didn’t make us pay for it which was lovely, later on in the holiday we went back and the server didn’t let us do this but they don’t have to so we didn’t mind.

Ben got double butter chicken which is like chicken tikka masala, with rice and chickpeas with a slush

Josh got butter chicken, braised beef, aloo masala and rice

Tom got tandoori chicken flat bread

I got butter chicken, braised beef, cilantro coconut vegetables and rice with a raspberry mojito to drink. I loved the butter chicken the beef was just ok, the sauce it was in was let it down a bit. Loved the vegetables also.

Wayne got butter chicken, spicy Durban shrimp, paneer tikka and rice with a lager to drink

We all loved this meal so much, highly recommend. None of us wanted dessert, we all knew we were off to the Boathouse later on.

My sister (slaleyhall) had been to the Boathouse earlier in the year and had a bad experience. I really wanted to try it still but asked to be sat outside because of how freezing they had been inside with the aircon. I would recommend an outside table, it was lovely!

I forgot to take a picture of the bread prior to starting eating it, so we were given more than this but it was lovely. I think it was glazed in honey. We loved it.

Wayne got the 12oz filet steak Oscar style. This came with crab on top of the steak in a sauce. He loved this. He got a lager to drink

I got the regular 12oz filet steak, this comes with a few roasted potatoes. We were worried this wouldn’t be big enough so we ordered extra fries but they didn’t get ate as it was really filling. I got a pinot grigio

Tom got the salmon with salad, he loved this

Josh got the burger and fries which he really liked

Ben got the 12oz filet steak, we asked for this medium but it was underdone. We should have sent it back really but we didn’t, so he left the centre section and had some of mine. He got a Shirley temple which is lemonade with grenadine in it. He loves these

For dessert I had had my eye on the huge baked Alaska. It’s sooooo massive. Way too much for us as it turned out. I actually asked the waitress if she had ever seen anyone finish it and she said she hadn’t! It was tasty though and glad we tried it. It was S'Mores Baked Alaska, graham cracker crust, rocky road ice cream, toasted marshmallows & milk chocolate; serves 4 people – there were 5 of us and there was about half left.

Thanks for reading!
Old 12 May 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Great service at Sanaa them allowing you to have the bread service instead of dessert.

I loved the bread at The Boathouse, after Yachtsman it is probably my favourite bread service.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List