Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 15 May 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Chernobyl

Anyone else watching this on Sky Atlantic?

I'm finding it really good. So frustrating that nobody in charge will listen to the experts and the people on the ground. Could have saved lots of lives if they had!
Old 15 May 19, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Recorded to watch later. Watched episode 1and thought it was very good.
Old 15 May 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Astrid
Imagineer

Astrid's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I hadn't planned on watching this but caught episode 1 halfway through, I think it's extremely well done but horrifying.

To think this happened so recently and so much could have been done to save so many lives.

They do tours to Chernobyl now, not sure I'd want to go to be honest but I supposed it's a bit like visiting somewhere like Auschwitz where you go out of respect to what happened there.

October '89 - Quality Inn; March '99 & March '01 - Comfort Inn LBV; March '02 - ASMu; May '03 - Royal Plaza, Hard Rock & Polynesian;
December '03 - Grand Marriot, Hard Rock & Dolphin; May '04 - Dolphin & WDW Yacht Club
October '05 - Hard Rock & Villa; May/June '07 - Villa & RPH; Feb '09 - Villa; Oct/Nov '13 - Villa
April '18 - Hard Rock; Sept ‘19 - Villa
Astrid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Grump$
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
Anyone else watching this on Sky Atlantic?

I'm finding it really good. So frustrating that nobody in charge will listen to the experts and the people on the ground. Could have saved lots of lives if they had!
I think the arrogance of the supervisors and the managers ignoring what is being told to them and saying the people are delusional is the frightening thing. Also unfortunately the majority of the people the actors are profiling are no longer with us.
Grump$ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Grump$ View Post
I think the arrogance of the supervisors and the managers ignoring what is being told to them and saying the people are delusional is the frightening thing. Also unfortunately the majority of the people the actors are profiling are no longer with us.
Exactly, it's the HIPPO syndrome - HIghest Paid Person's Opinion counts, no matter what information the underlings may have.
Old 15 May 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
No it was pure communism at work and the party line is king. It wasn’t a meritocracy. This is why communism should always be feared, every one is equal but some are more equal than others.
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
No it was pure communism at work and the party line is king. It wasn’t a meritocracy. This is why communism should always be feared, every one is equal but some are more equal than others.
Quite right. I should change the acronym: HIghest Party Person's Opinion.
Old 15 May 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I always remember it happened on my birthday April 26th
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsArcher2b
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I'm watching. It's really interesting. I didn't have much knowledge before. You feel so terrible for them and hope for the best but obviously we know that in the end they won't ever be able to return.
MrsArcher2b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I’ve seen the first episode, thought it was very good. I don’t know if enjoying it is the right term, but it is fascinating to watch and so very sad.

My first child was born exactly nine months after the incident. I always felt blessed to have been a pregnant mum here at that time compared to how terrible it was for the women of Chernobyl and the surrounding area.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List