Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 15 May 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Not that many people were actually killed from it- maybe there were later deaths but not that many- it is quite surprising. There are still though children being born with birth defects. The worst effected areas were where the cloud blew over.
Some good watches-
Bald and Bankrupt on Youtube. He goes into these areas which are in the exclusion zone- quite interesting stuff.
Dark Tourist, Netflix- He does similar, and also goes to some really interesting other places, well worth a watch. He goes to a home and sees the children being born with birth defects to this day.
Old 15 May 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimers2018
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Recorded to watch later. Watched episode 1and thought it was very good.
Likewise. V good so far.
Firsttimers2018 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Really enjoying this, great ending this week really need to see what happens to the guys now 😯
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

We almost went there in December on a trip to Ukraine but it was when the russians were kicking off over the ships in their waters, and it was under martial law so we were warned not to go.
There is a Chernobyl museum in Kiev so we decided to go there instead but it was shut as it was Sunday .
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m finding it interesting too, I was actually surprised at the death toll as I thought it would have been a lot higher than what it’s said to be. The cover up is terrible though and I can’t imagine not being able to return home and having to start again, how people afforded it. I find it all extra scary as I live very close to Sellafield!
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Yes watching, didn’t realise it was potentially so bad, a lot seems to have been covered up
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
lesley1960
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Astrid View Post
I hadn't planned on watching this but caught episode 1 halfway through, I think it's extremely well done but horrifying.

To think this happened so recently and so much could have been done to save so many lives.

They do tours to Chernobyl now, not sure I'd want to go to be honest but I supposed it's a bit like visiting somewhere like Auschwitz where you go out of respect to what happened there.
The people living there are still affected , they aren't supposed to grow and eat and root veg because the land is full of radiation , but they do , because they receive little or no government help and they would starve. They have a lower than average life span
Www.ccin.uk
lesley1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Inky View Post
Yes watching, didn’t realise it was potentially so bad, a lot seems to have been covered up
Don’t think we will ever get the full truth. Hate to think how many lives have been destroyed
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I've watched the first 2 episodes and I'm really enjoying it so far. I've not seen much of this disaster before but I've started reading about it now it's really interesting.
Fraser789 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

Have not watched it yet..but we went to Belarus with Humanatarian aid ...it was on the outskirts of Chernobyl.
The people did not have much before and and very little after.
They had to get their milk from Vilinuis..miles away as everything was contaminated.
Part of the aid was to a hospital...I remember walking around being so upset seeing the children...the people are still suffering now.
But we were made so welcome by the people...Something I will never forget.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List