Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 17 Jun 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

The thing that struck me about the prosecutor was how whenever she was backed into a corner she'd just start spouting emotive language about how this poor lady was raped and left for dead and deserved justice.

Okay so go get her justice then! Do a proper investigation instead of just pinning it on these random kids! Its not justice if you let the real criminal go free is it you silly mare!
SquishTheWhale is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Ive finished watching this now and it is so heartbreaking. I was 15 at the time and remember clearly the time period, the songs that were out at the time, everything. But it hit home how much time was lost, when one of them came out and he was looking at the LL cool J poster on the back of his door from before he went inside. I was 15 when that poster was doing the rounds on various magazines and a young woman with a 2 year old in the time frame that he came out of jail. So much had happened in my life within that time. But for them, so much had happened to them.
The way they tried to get their lives back on track and be expected to wear the label of sex attacker, which rightly they refused to do. It sickens me.

I for one will not be so quick to condemn just because Im presented with so called facts and hopefully, if there is one thing to be learned, others wont either. Lets face it, how many of us without knowing all of this would have believed them when they said they were innocent? This only ever came out because the real culprit admitted it. Yet he should have been on the radar all along. Absolutely heartbreaking.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just watched the first episodes this evening, heartbreaking to think that this happened. Poor kids.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Netflix is also showing an Oprah with the actual 5 men which is quite interesting to watch after the series.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

watched the first one last night, harrowing

defies logic already to just pin the crime on those lads without any evidence? they know full well the real attacker could/is still out there..?

Edited at 09:36 AM.
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Netflix is also showing an Oprah with the actual 5 men which is quite interesting to watch after the series.
The Oprah interview is just as heartbreaking , I think everyone should watch that just to get a real sense of what all those boys went through and are still going through . You can see that Kory is still very deeply affected by it and is suffering severe mental damage , his life has been completely ruined by a split second decision to accompany his friend to the police station , those poor boys still havent really got justice for what they went through , money cannot give you your life back .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Finished this weekend, heartbreaking stuff

a 16 year old thrown into adult prison & pretty much left to fend for themselves

the system failed these lads on every level

Nice to see the boot being put into Mr President as well...
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
GjDisney
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Im so glad I stuck with this show. The first episode was so painful to watch it was almost unbearable... I guess that was the point though. I likened it to watching United 93, you know its well put together etc but the subject matter just leaves you feeling empty.

Excellent series and for those struggling after episode 1 it does become a lot easier to watch... although not any less shocking as a whole.
GjDisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Doowop
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
watched the first one last night, harrowing

defies logic already to just pin the crime on those lads without any evidence? they know full well the real attacker could/is still out there..?
I dont think she had the brain to think past these boys to the fact the real attacker was still out there, she saw these boys and that was it for her
Doowop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
orlando10
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi
I haven't watched this one but a few weeks ago saw The Central Park Five advertised and it looked like it was hard to watch as well.
DLP 2016, 2018
orlando10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List