Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 3 Jun 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Great start, following along... X

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to hearing/seeing all about your food choices. 😀

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Homecoming food looks lovely especially the mac n cheese, shame you waited so long for your table! Looking forward to following along with the rest of your meals and snacks.
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

I feel proud to have inspired you

That crownie from Thyme sounds delicious. We normally eat at Giraffe but may have to go there for that instead next year!

The muffin at BOG is bran, I didn’t correct DH when he thought it was chocolate...

Homecomin’ looking delicious. I am definitely getting the mac and cheese next year. Shame about the staff at the start, we had the complete opposite.

Looking forward to reading more
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
elm
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
looks good, following. I'm going to put it in the dining report tracker because it looks like a food report but if you disagree let me know and I won't
No problem at all, thank you.

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
I feel proud to have inspired you

That crownie from Thyme sounds delicious. We normally eat at Giraffe but may have to go there for that instead next year!

The muffin at BOG is bran, I didn’t correct DH when he thought it was chocolate...

Homecomin’ looking delicious. I am definitely getting the mac and cheese next year. Shame about the staff at the start, we had the complete opposite.

Looking forward to reading more
The crownie was definitely the nicest part of my meal. It was very rich, but very good.

Bran?! I'm glad I skipped that then and saved myself the calories

Thank you all for reading along I am just going through my photos now, so hope to have day 2 up shortly.
elm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
elm
Trading Disney Pins

Day 2 - Animal Kingdom Lodge and Disney Springs

Despite being on the QSDP we had decided to treat ourselves to a few paid for bookings. We had watched many YouTube videos and decided to try Boma. We had never visited Animal Kingdom Lodge either, so wanted a bit of a nosy.

We had a 9:30am reservation and after not doing our homework properly, got off the bus at Kidani Village. We had a look around, found Sanaa and then realised we needed to be at Jambo House. Whoops. So off we went and walked to Jambo House. We arrived about 5 minutes early and were soon seated. Our server came over and took our drink orders and served us some Jungle Juice. We had never had this before, but it was SO nice. We have tried a few tropical juices since being back home to see if we can find something similar, but no luck so far. We also saw Dave and Sophie from YouTube in the restaurant.

Buffet pictures are really tricky, so apologies for the quality. These are pics of the various different stations.

The cheesy scrambed egg below was really good.

Our plates My brother said the turkey was really good and not at all dry.

Their African hazlenut chocolate spread was lovely. If anybody has found something similar over here, please let me know! It was so light.

I couldn't resist one of these It was really really nice. One was enough, especially after everything else I'd eaten!

We thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast and would certainly look to go back in the future.

After all that food, we took a slow walk around the gift shop and then got the bus to Animal Kingdom, where we slowly waddled around the park.

We didn't eat again until dinner. At around 5pm we went to Disney Springs and decided to go to The Polite Pig. We really enjoyed it last year, so it was a given that we would go back.

My brother ordered the Smoked Turkey Breast - Citrus Rub Smoked Turkey Breast served with Jalapeño Cornbread, Signature Polite Slaw and choice of one Market Side. He chose the mac and cheese as his side.

He really enjoyed this and again said the turkey wasn't at all dry. He's not keen on corn bread, so I pinched that.

I had the USDA Prime Brisket - Coffee Rub USDA Prime Brisket served with Jalapeño Cornbread, Signature Polite Slaw and choice of one Market Side.
I asked for the Crispy Brussel Sprouts as my side as I had read and seen rave reviews for them. Unfortunately they said they didn't have any as there was a shortage of sprouts at the moment She said they were doing something very similar, but with broccoli instead.

This was lovely and the broccoli was fantastic. So so good. I had a grapefruit margarita as my drink. Fab value for a QS meal.

Earlier on in the day we had been to The Mara at Animal Kingdom Lodge and used a snack credit on the pack of four Zebra domes. These were really good. Apologies for the picture, it was taken the following morning after being bashed from carrying them around Disney Springs the night before.

A really good food day, we enjoyed everything we had.

Total steps today: 19,733. Probably about the same amount of calories too!
elm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Forest32
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Love the look of the turkey meal at the PP. We haven’t been there yet so looking forward to it on the next trip. Might have to try that margarita too!
Forest32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Great food report especially an unplanned one!👍🏻
Old 4 Jun 19, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Herbster
Helping Minnie

Loving the report so far.
Herbster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Must try the turkey at PP it looks a nice lighter option than beef. Boma is one of our faves too.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List