Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 26 Jun 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Tich
Earning More Ears

Fly in 6 days and haven't started planning

My wife, our sixteen year old daughter, her seventeen year old friend and I are off to Florida on the 2nd July for two weeks, yes 6 days time and due to a very hectic last couple of months we haven't planned anything.

I have been three times in the past the last time being 3yrs ago but my wife and daughter have never been before. I have booked a villa with pool, car hire through Alamo, flights on Virgin and we are upstairs and have also booked the 14 day unlimited tickets for disney and the universal tickets as well.

In the last couple of months things have been super hectic. We moved house two weeks ago. I had to have my last university essay of the year submitted last week. To cap it all off I went to hospital three weeks ago with shortness of breath and pain in my right calf, they diagnosed me with a DVT and bilateral pulmonary embolisms. To say it's been stressful is an understatement.

No I have six days to plan everything. I have purchased the Brit guide to Orlando book and have always found this really useful in the past. My wife and daughter just say they will go with the flow and we can arrange the days when we get there. They don't understand that planning is the key to a successful trip to Orlando in my opinion.

I think I will need to look on here at others schedules and see what I can come up with.
Tich is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
NatashaAudrey
Earning More Ears

Maybe you could have a look at the Busy Day Guide on here to help with a rough plan of which parks to do on which days?

If everyone is go with the flow, then at least expectations aren't very high from the rest of the travelling party and they may be happy to miss a few things if that happens.

Do you need to make any reservations? Can you make any last minute fast passes?
Old 26 Jun 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

Have you sorted out everyone's ESTA's?

I would also work with the busy day guide and go from there, it has always worked well for us. Step up MDE and get the disney tickets linked so you can start making some FPs too.

Have a great time, it sounds like you need a break
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tich
Earning More Ears

Great advice thanks guys. The ESTA's are all sorted and I didn't realise I had to fast pass things early as on previous trips I did it on the day.
I will look into this.
Tich is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Hope you have an amazing time..but

Don't wast time posting, you could have booked 3 fastpasses in that time

Disney332
Old 26 Jun 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post

To be honest, planning six days in advance won't be hugely different to planning on the day. You will have missed getting the very popular ADRs and FPs already, but you will still have plenty of dining options and FP options other than a select few.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

As you trip is just days away, a little reminder, have you declared your recent health issues to your Travel Insurers, absolute must. I have a heart issue myself and as most dibbers will also advise declare, declare and declare for trips to the US. Have a fab time.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
belfastbabe
Apprentice Imagineer

belfastbabe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
First of all, I hope you are fully recovered and as PatJeff has said, don't forget to sort insurance ( my husband has heart condition and we use avanti). I also recommend busy day guide and booking fp+ accordingly, at this later stage it might just be a case of booking whatever's available! The important thing is DO NOT STRESS! - hope you have a fantastic well deserved holiday!
belfastbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Relax you cannot go back in time so just sort what you can now
Keep a check 24-48hrs before for last minute fast pass cancellations for anything you cannot get now

Have a quick look at buy day calendar to pick your park days
Get some fast passes booked
Have a look at restaurant availability on site at Disney - if you are planning a table service meal
rafjen is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Has your Doctor signed you as fit to fly with DVT ? If so, get up often on the flights and stretch