Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 1 Jul 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

havent caught up on last nights bands yet, but so far highlights are:

aurora, georgia, stormzy (his version of "ultralight beam" was *amazing*), chemical brothers, kylie and miley (i can't believe ashley O played the pyramid stage! ), neneh cherry, lizzo, charles hazlewood and the love unlimited synth orchestra, sigrid and sheryl crow

duds... janet jackson, the charlatans (although tim made up for it with his tweets about the security guard), fontaines DC

stuff i just dont understand why people like it so much... the killers, george ezra, bastille, courteeners, liam gallagher

and a special mention for jeff goldblum!

Edited at 10:03 AM.
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
havent caught up on last nights bands yet, but so far highlights are:

aurora, georgia, stormzy (his version of "ultralight beam" was *amazing*), chemical brothers, kylie and miley (i can't believe ashley O played the pyramid stage! ), neneh cherry, lizzo, charles hazlewood and the love unlimited synth orchestra, sigrid and sheryl crow

duds... janet jackson, the charlatans (although tim made up for it with his tweets about the security guard), fontaines DC

stuff i just dont understand why people like it so much... the killers, george ezra, bastille, courteeners, liam gallagher

and a special mention for jeff goldblum!
Oh, I liked Bastille, thought they put on a fun show . Why do you think Janet was a dud? I’ve seen her get mostly slated everywhere. I can’t see it objectively as I’m a bit of a fan, so I’m interested
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
Why do you think Janet was a dud? I’ve seen her get mostly slated everywhere. I can’t see it objectively as I’m a bit of a fan, so I’m interested
it was all very underwhelming, and you could hardly hear the vocals (when she was actually singing, a fair chunk seemed to be mimed), there was no crowd interaction (or even acknowledgement)- kylie did more in the first 10 minutes than janet did for the whole gig, and half the gig it just seemed like she didnt want to be there.

i'm not really a fan... but i didnt mind some of her singles back in the day, but that gig just seemed like a waste of everybody's time. i think the crowd agreed, the amount of people there compared to lizzo who was on around the same time was telling IMO.
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
it was all very underwhelming, and you could hardly hear the vocals (when she was actually singing, a fair chunk seemed to be mimed), there was no crowd interaction (or even acknowledgement)- kylie did more in the first 10 minutes than janet did for the whole gig, and half the gig it just seemed like she didnt want to be there.

i'm not really a fan... but i didnt mind some of her singles back in the day, but that gig just seemed like a waste of everybody's time. i think the crowd agreed, the amount of people there compared to lizzo who was on around the same time was telling IMO.
Thanks . Interested to know. For me, Janet has always been about the whole production, which I acknowledge means that she would need to mime due to some of the dancing. I know that Pink can do acrobatics whilst singing but Janet certainly doesn’t have the strongest of voices. With the crowd, they didn’t know what the performance was going to be like beforehand, so I guess JJ just doesn’t have the pull that she might have expected - I saw the doctored posters where she had been pushed up to the top of the bill
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
Loved Kylie but must be getting old, the rest has been a load of old crap. Yesterday, sorry, no idea, who she was but she had a white boiler suit on and was awful, who was she ? .

x
you mean LITTLE SIMZ?

watching it now. i like it, its infinitely more interesting than most of the white boy indie sludge dominating the lineup...

Old 1 Jul 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

We were travelling back from Scotland late Saturday so missed the Killers and watched last night on catch up - thought they were excellent. Fast-forwarded through the Pet Shop Boys bit - gave it a couple of mins - naaah.. Neil Tenant's voice isn't great. Brandon Flowers looked and sounded absolutely fantastic! He had energy and that's what a headline act should be like.

Not watched Kylie yet - will have a look later.

Watched about 10 mins of The Cure. I love some of their stuff but the spark wasn't there for me so switched off.

Wasn't interested in any of the other stuff - and I cannot stand rapping so no way
Old 1 Jul 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
I guess JJ just doesn’t have the pull that she might have expected - I saw the doctored posters where she had been pushed up to the top of the bill
that lineup poster made me proper laugh when i saw it

i heard she got £500k for that performance. personally, i dont think it was even worth £5k...
Old 9 Jul 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
quiddity
Apprentice Imagineer

quiddity's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I haven't watched much as I'd been sulking I wasn't going haha I'd been to 2016 & 2017 (it had took 5 years of trying) but failed this year. However it did help that a lot of what I wanted to see I'd already seen live before, including the killers with their secret 2017 glastonbury gig so I got pretty close to that one!

John peel stage always seems to be my favourite (goldfrapp, dua lipa, killers, father john misty, sigur ros, fatboy slim, london grammar all seen there!) so I put on the live feeds & really enjoyed aurora! I think she's my new bjork! freya ridings was also outstanding.
7/2/12-9/2/12 cheyenne DLP for 1st time!
28/09/12-12/10/12 clarion inn LBV again again!
quiddity is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List