Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 4 Jul 19, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ROL1983
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Planning help

Hi guys, my family (wife and 3 boys 11, 7 and 5) are just looking for a bit of help planning our Orlando holiday next year. We arrive 25th June 2020, staying for 8 nights in POFR on qsdp.
We are then staying offsite for 7nights with other family in an Orlando villa.

Ideally we would like to tick off as much of Disney as possible in the first 8 days, I’m aware this will be difficult, taking advantage of being on site. Planning on doing universal the second week along with any Disney parks we want to visit again.

What do you guys think would be the best approach for tackling the parks?

The kids are active and capable of walking 6-8miles a day in the UK, prob not every day in the Florida summer heat.

Any advice appreciated.
ROL1983 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
belfastbabe
Apprentice Imagineer

belfastbabe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
As you are staying onsite you will be able to book FPs for Disney at 60 days. Use the busy day calendar to decide which park/which day and book accordingly. We tend to either book FPs early in day and stay as long as we feel able( going in for lunch around midday for an hour or so), or book later in evening to stay for fireworks( usually second week so can have lazy morning). Don't be too rigid with your plans ,as anything can happen with kids involved! and make sure you have plenty of rest stops with lots of water/ ice cream to cool down! Also be prepared for afternoon showers at that time of year. Happy planning
belfastbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

I would save Disney water parks till second week, as free parking and no fast passes there - as you say maximise Disney days onsite.

First few days when waking early due to time diff, I'd go to parks ealry, and back to resort mid afternoon - maybe back t parks in afternoon - later in that first week I'd reverse it, to have slow morning at resort and hit parks for lunchtime ish and staying for fwks.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Every family is different so my suggestions may not be right for you. But... As above, first 4-5 days plan to rope drop a park and then call it a day after lunch. Head back for some pool and chill time or go to a waterpark for the late afternoon.

I would aim to do the parks with emh. If they open at 8, book your fp for 10,11 and 12. The first 2 hours you will get a lot done with no fp. Then use up your fp and then lunch.

Also, your 5 yr old, i would take or buy a stroller. We picked up a cheap one from wallmart when out there. Even if your kid has not used one for a few years. The heat, humidity, tiredness and excitment may well floor him. Very likely he will run out of gas before the rest of you. If you can let him chill in the stroller it can extend your time in the parks.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ROL1983
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Thanks for the pointers guys, it’s all appreciated and will start making a rough plan for our Disney week.

Procrastinator..I was reluctant to get him a buggy due to his age however you aren’t the only person to suggest this and after a few days in London recently he was the first to wilt so it might be a good idea. 👍

I like the idea of parks at rope drop till lunch then a water park to chill for a bit.
ROL1983 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ROL1983 View Post
Thanks for the pointers guys, it’s all appreciated and will start making a rough plan for our Disney week.

Procrastinator..I was reluctant to get him a buggy due to his age however you aren’t the only person to suggest this and after a few days in London recently he was the first to wilt so it might be a good idea. 👍

I like the idea of parks at rope drop till lunch then a water park to chill for a bit.
We let our 6 year old have one. He had not been in one since he was 3. And has not been in one since. But the heat and humidity just took it out of him. First couple of days with no buggy we barely made it past lunch. With him in it we lasted full days.

I think we spent $40 on one from Wallmart. Much cheaper than renting. The other plus is then you can freeze a load of water each night and stick that in the bottom of the stroller.

Not sure what the storms are like in June. But in Aug, the plus of hitting a water park in the afternoon is a storm always comes along, 50% plus of those at the park go home and you get an empty park till it closes once the storm clears.

I
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List