Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Jul 19, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi from your thread I think you have already made your mind up ! Enjoy
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Gillybean08
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Thank you so much to everybody for your advice, I think it's worth it but you've successfully helped me convince my partner! 😊 I'm planning on surprising my son at Christmas so I'll start hunting for deals either Febuary half term week or very early September 😊

Edited at 09:04 AM.
Gillybean08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Pleased you have made the decision, I’m sure your son will be thrilled (I know my DD would be 😀 ) I would do it too, provided it was a direct flight as I wouldn’t want to risk missing a connection and losing time there. My DH wouldn’t fly that far for a short break though as he isn’t keen on long haul flights anyway. I have considered a week in Mexico in October but he thinks it’s too far for a week
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

I would do it, my two teens love everything California, we have been twice and will probably go again next summer

If I asked both of them where would be their destination of choice it would be California

Sure you will have a great time, when on the Warner Bros tour we got to see the Big Bang Set, which was good though my daughter was hoping for Pretty Little Liars set
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Nope .. I’ve been to the west coast many times shortest time for a week and I wouldn’t even do that now

The long flight plus 8 hr time difference , and it’s not like you would get 5 full days there
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Gillybean08
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Edie ray View Post
I would do it, my two teens love everything California, we have been twice and will probably go again next summer

If I asked both of them where would be their destination of choice it would be California

Sure you will have a great time, when on the Warner Bros tour we got to see the Big Bang Set, which was good though my daughter was hoping for Pretty Little Liars set
I think they have an obsession with California because of all the t.v shows they grow up watching (or maybe that's just my children 😳 ) . I know he'll want to try In and Out Burger because he's seen it so many times on Victorious and Sam and Cat, suits me it's a cheap meal!
Gillybean08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Are you hiring a car ? LA is pretty spread out so a car is a must really .
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I'd be happy to fly 11 hours for a 5 night trip (and in fact, I have flown 12 hours for a 4 night holiday and 24 hours for a 6 night holiday). But I rather like flying and sleep pretty well on planes and deal fairly well with jet lag on holiday - some people I know would have issues with flying such a distance and the jet lag and they would be miserable doing this!
Old 12 Jul 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I wouldn’t be able to. My hypermobility wouldn’t cope with that at all. But it sounds amazing so have a fab time!

We wanted to do Mexico for a week this year but I couldn’t do that flight for a week. 10 days min for me I think!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

I would really be speaking to the school about the best time to go away in GCSE year. Many schools run additional classes over holidays and have multiple weeks of running mock exams.

There were certain holidays the our DD would have missed valuable help by going away, but others where the school actually suggested a few days away may be just the thing to do.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List