Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
A UK montage

Not a full trip report as such but a condensed version of trips/experiences. Due to my family situation my family are not able to travel far, and as an only ‘child’ I won’t leave them so have been taking them out/away.

Since experiencing more in the UK, whilst I appreciate the weather can’t necessarily be relied upon, I’ve turned into an advocate of making more out of what’s on our doorstep. Reducing my carbon footprint has been an added bonus

UK hotels, particularly decent ones, aren’t necessarily cost effective but I’ve tended to book when special offers have been on.

Hope you enjoy an insight into what our great country offers.

A week in Eastbourne spent in The Grand Hotel - first time I’ve been to Eastbourne, beautiful scenery and some of the friendliest/helpful people I’ve ever met.

2x4 night breaks in the New Forest at Carey’s Manor, Brockenhurst. This hotel is more adult oriented (although children are welcome), does some great spa and dining breaks.

Very cute local inhabitants

Pretty Christchurch

A week at Champneys Forest Mere, Liphook Surrey - it’s a bit like marmite, love it or hate it, I love it but never ever pay rack rate. I had a second floor suite at over 40% discount.

Jersey, Channel Islands - my favourite destination, have visited many times since a young child, am very envious of any Jersey Dibber . Our last stay was at a Hotel L’Horizon, St Brelade Bay. The location isn’t cheap but there’s sometimes offers and always worth contacting the hotel directly.

The view from my balcony, bliss.

A week in the Cotswolds staying at Moreton in Marsh, TBH I found everything in the Cotswolds had a tourist trap feel, whilst the scenery/villages are beautiful it was too ‘intense’ for us. We stayed at The Manor House, Moreton in Marsh, very nice hotel but like most things in the Cotswolds a tad overpriced.

Lower Slaughter, very pretty Cotswold village

Sometimes it’s nice to just spend a day in London finishing in Afternoon Tea - this year I’ve had a few, being gluten free I’ve sometimes been a bit disappointed but have found Fortnum & Mason’s gf offering very good. This year I also tried the Corinthia, I usually love Fortnums but the Corinthia knocked Fortnum off it’s top spot for me. Best gluten free afternoon tea I’ve ever experienced

Fortnums

Corinthia

Edited at 12:04 PM.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. Firstly some awesome quality photos, well done. Most of mine are hopeless.

Certainly some lovely locations you have stayed at and it showcases how much we have literally on our doorstep. I do like the look of The Grand Hotel in Eastbourne. So iconic and not a modern monstrosity.
Can't beat your view on the Channel Islands trip.

Hate to think what that plate of Fortnums cakes cost!

The donkey looks chilled out.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

You know how to live! Very decadent all round, I have got the Cotswolds on my list of places to visit, and also Jersey looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

We certainly do have some beautiful places here , i love the Christchurch one, would like to go there
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
You know how to live! Very decadent all round, I have got the Cotswolds on my list of places to visit, and also Jersey looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing
Tbh as I haven’t had a Florida trip for a while and I don’t know when my next one will be if I’m holidaying closer to home I want a nice hotel, however I’m getting a little more cost effective in my more mature years and never ever book at rack rate. Champneys at the moment have 50% off until September so I’ve just booked a sneaky few days away again.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Lovely photos, Clare. I absolutely love Lower Slaughter.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

what a great idea - showcases a little of what is available on our doorstep
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Brilliant mini report Clare Love following you and your family on FB as well, hope you can manage quite a few more
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Lovely photos. We do forget what a beautiful country we live in.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

I loved looking at your report & seeing what lovely places,we actually have in our very own country.
A country I have never really explored,in fact since being a child,I have never holidayed in this country at all.we keep saying we need to explore,what we have on our doorstep,but going abroad always seems to win.
You’ve certainly gave me food for thought!
Enjoy champneys & please update this thread,with photos,I’d love to see some
Tracy x