Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 Jan 18, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
llamala
Imagineer

Easter

Do Disney do anything special for Easter? Decoaration, Easter bunny character, egg hunts,parades,anything?
Are the hotels decorated differently?
Special meals Etc
llamala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 18, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Paddcomp
Imagineer

Mobile

There's Easter themed parades during the afternoon in MK, we've seen the Easter bunny around the square also.
I've heard tell one of the hotels does an egg hunt, but can't remember which one.
Easter doesn't seem as big a thing as it does here, certainly not overwhelmed by chocolate eggs everywhere.
Easter 2014 - Oak Island cove Dibb Villa
Easter 2018 - Lindfields Dibb Villa
Paddcomp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 18, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

Pretty sure they also have some sort of Easter Egg display (I think it is at the Grand Floridian so you can always hop on the monorail and go for a browse) they are supposed to be pretty amazing. Done in the theme of Disney films (think there was a frozen one last year for example)

Never heard of special meals though
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 18, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Lemag
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lucyjane45xxx View Post
Pretty sure they also have some sort of Easter Egg display (I think it is at the Grand Floridian so you can always hop on the monorail and go for a browse) they are supposed to be pretty amazing. Done in the theme of Disney films (think there was a frozen one last year for example)

Never heard of special meals though
I was thinking if doing this on Easter Sunday. Can anyone pay to park at the Grand Floridian? We’ll be offsite by this point. I don’t really want to head into the actual parks on Easter Day as I assume it’ll be busy, but I thought it would be nice to take a look round the Grand Floridian and all the eggs etc?
Lemag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 18, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
llamala
Imagineer

We have booked an ADR for Whispering Canyon on Easter sunday at lunch time. So we do plan to use the disney transportation to go around the lake hotels, so the Floridian will be lovely to see at Easter, we have seen it at xmas many years ago.
Definitely not doing any parks on the Saturday or Sunday.
llamala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
LottiesLot
Excited about Disney

We were there at easter last year. There were no noticeable easter themed decorations/events etc. in the parks. The MK map suggested the easter bunny would be somewhere around the hub but we didn't see it. The shops had iced easter biscuits for sale, no chocolate eggs and no easter egg hunts. We had an adr at 1900 park fair on bank hol mon so saw the easter chocolate creations in the gf lobby - amazing. We weren't disappointed that there wasn't much happening easter related. It was incredible to be at disney! We took little foil wrapped chocolate eggs with us and hid them around the hotel room for our children to do an easter egg hunt before heading out to AK for the day. It was great.
LottiesLot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Epcot Also has eggs with characters on hidden and you buy a sheet and stickers then get prize at end
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Oh and port Orleans did have an Easter egg hunt around the grounds on the day. I'm sure other properties did too.
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List