Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 Jan 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Two year old and character greetings

We are taking my just turned two year old to Orlando in a few weeks (mid Feb). We are planning two days at the parks. However, I’m struggling to decide which ones! He is OBSESSED with Toy Story, Cars and Finding Nemo. He doesn’t really know any other characters because he’s just not interested! I’m pretty sure he will not be a fan of rides but I know he likes a show. I was thinking of AK mostly for the Nemo show but I’m sure he’ll like Lion King too and he’ll enjoy the animals.
I was then thinking MK but only because it’s got the most for a toddler but no Nemo, Cars or Toy Story characters (or are there?). HS would be great for the Toy Story characters but I’m not sure much else would appeal to him (unless the new cars show opens) and he’d love the Nemo stuff at Epcot but that’s probably about it.
I’ve considered a hopper but seems a bit ridiculous just so my 2 yr old can see Woody! He won’t even remember!
Any help and advice finding Buzz, Woody, McQueen or Nemo is much appreciated.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Honestly? Go to the Art of Animation resort instead of a second park. He'll probably LOVE exploring the Cars and Nemo areas, they are incredibly well themed. Wandering the grounds is free, but you could probably get a night's stay there instead of a second day's ticket if you wanted to use the pools.

Edited at 10:00 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

What a brilliant idea! I’d never thought of that but looking at pictures it would be his dream come true!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

All parks appeal for different reasons

I would say at that age MK rides are perfect.

AK - lion king show was the highlight for my son. He also loved meeting baloo and king Lois even though he didn't know who they were.

HS - toy story area will be rammed but the Disney Junior show is great fun at that age.
Old 18 Jan 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Hakuna
Gone all Goofy

Mk has buzz lightyear ranger spin ride. Ive also seen a buzz lightyear meet and greet in tomorrowland. The little mermaid ride is amazing he may love that with all the fish in it? You ride in a clamshell . Festival of fantasy parade is a must see.

AK nemo show is really good and lion king. If he enjoys zoos its a good park if not then I wouldnt bother just for nemo show.

HS from youtube videos toy story land looks amazing and theres 3 toy story rides. Woody and Jessy meet and greet and also green army men march past.

Whatever you end up doing have an amazing time
Hakuna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

My little boy has always loved meeting the characters in the big tent in MK near the kiddies water area. We have always had fantastic interaction with them too and never sen queues yet lol
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List