Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jul 17, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ploppy
Imagineer

I don't see how they could suddenly make CBR a deluxe resort - they'd have to change the whole resort and all the rooms to upgrade it to deluxe standard. For a start, really to be a deluxe resort you should have internal room doors like a proper hotel rather than a motel - I appreciate that Saratoga is the exception to this rule but then I've always had an issue with that being classed as a proper deluxe as well. I'm a DVC member who owns at Saratoga by the way!

I'm not sure I'm a big fan of this new transportation system - if I'm correct it's going to connect to international gateway at Epcot? This is a small entrance area and I don't see how it's going to cope with a massive influx of thousands of extra guests every hour. I love staying at Boardwalk or Beach Club and strolling into Epcot through this relatively quiet entrance but it's not going to be an enjoyable experience if we have to start fighting with thousands of other guests dropped off by the gondolas

Villa - '84, '85, '86, '91, '92, '93, '97, '04
West coast - '87, '89, '94, '98, '01, '10, '14
Onsite - '95, '99, '00, '02, '03, '05, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, ‘18
Disney cruise - Wonder May '11, Fantasy NY 2011/12, Magic NY 2012/13, Dream Sept '16
Princess Ploppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 17, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Princess Ploppy View Post
I don't see how they could suddenly make CBR a deluxe resort - they'd have to change the whole resort and all the rooms to upgrade it to deluxe standard. For a start, really to be a deluxe resort you should have internal room doors like a proper hotel rather than a motel - I appreciate that Saratoga is the exception to this rule but then I've always had an issue with that being classed as a proper deluxe as well. I'm a DVC member who owns at Saratoga by the way!

I'm not sure I'm a big fan of this new transportation system - if I'm correct it's going to connect to international gateway at Epcot? This is a small entrance area and I don't see how it's going to cope with a massive influx of thousands of extra guests every hour. I love staying at Boardwalk or Beach Club and strolling into Epcot through this relatively quiet entrance but it's not going to be an enjoyable experience if we have to start fighting with thousands of other guests dropped off by the gondolas
if they do the bag screening at the Gondola station (as they now do at the monorail stations) - then guests would just have to beep their bands to get in there. A few extra beep machines exiting the gondola station at epcot would handle this no problem, without affecting your relatively quiet entrance.

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 17, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

I like the idea, but for me I just wish they'd expand the monorail!

I totally get the reasons (cost) why they can't though.
Old 18 Jul 17, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyWishes View Post
I would imagine that queues would move quite slowly at busy periods, and would they still run in storm conditions? I wouldn't want to be on one if it was to temporally stop.
That's a great pic of your family!

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Having been up to 12,000 feet in one at Jackson, Wyoming, I find them to be be absolutely brilliant. If they are continually moving then they'll shift numbers in no time.
That's got to be good! These and the "Minnie" buses will help take the pressure of the regular buses. I do like the monorail, though.

Originally Posted by Princess Ploppy View Post
... if I'm correct it's going to connect to international gateway at Epcot? This is a small entrance area and I don't see how it's going to cope with a massive influx of thousands of extra guests every hour. I love staying at Boardwalk or Beach Club and strolling into Epcot through this relatively quiet entrance but it's not going to be an enjoyable experience if we have to start fighting with thousands of other guests dropped off by the gondolas
Interesting point. It would be better if they could put the station the other side of World Showcase.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 06:10 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

If you look at the 1st 7 pics of the link below the yellow and red flags show where the station will be going at the international gateway.
orlandoparksnews/2017...rs-appear.html
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 17, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
The kUrGaN
Excited about Disney

The kUrGaN's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I'm probably going to need to see these and experience them before making a fair judgement, but to be honest this announcement just feels a bit erm... meh.
Port Orleans Riverside Nov 2006
Port Orleans Riverside Nov 2013
The kUrGaN is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List