Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Dec 17, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Pretty much what everyone else has said. The planes are shabby, the crew are generally pleasant and they usually, at least for us, seem to be cheaper than Virgin. We always seem to get sausage and mash.
Old 5 Dec 17, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
yorky
Very Serious Dibber

I think in comparison to 10/15 years ago they have gone backwards big style in every department. However we still use them just because they offer good value for money and they still get us from A to B safely.
Old 5 Dec 17, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

We flew to New York last year with BA, they're ok, VA much better, more entertainment on TV, better food etc, however I did upgrade my meal to a Chinese! The 777 was ok, we always go in the bubble on the VA 747 so it wasn't as good being with everyone else in the main part of the plane! I would always go with Virgin over BA. Also on return flight we were upgraded to premium, that was better but no way would I pay extra for that!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 17, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

lol hmmm now I'm kind of dreading not sticking with VA for this trip.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 17, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

We like BA. We flew WT with them this year to LA. This was on A380. We had curry. Really enjoyed it. Service was pleasant especially on flight to LA. IFE was reasonable although choice in music was not great.
Old 5 Dec 17, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Raggyavn
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
Why? At the end of the day it's a seat in an aluminium (Pedant note: I know they not all aluminium these days) that gets you to the place you really want to be.

It doesn't matter if you fly upper class or cattle class it still gets you to Florida, the rest are all incidentals. The IFE, Shabby planes etc arn't really that important.

On the up side BA has more planes than VA and should your flight go technical you have more chance of BA finding a replacement plane than VA do.

AND THE BONUS IS, YOUR FLIGHT WAS CHEAPER SO YOU HAVE MORE MONEY TO SPEND IN FLORIDA.
Raggyavn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 17, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Raggyavn View Post
Why? At the end of the day it's a seat in an aluminium (Pedant note: I know they not all aluminium these days) that gets you to the place you really want to be.

It doesn't matter if you fly upper class or cattle class it still gets you to Florida, the rest are all incidentals. The IFE, Shabby planes etc arn't really that important.

On the up side BA has more planes than VA and should your flight go technical you have more chance of BA finding a replacement plane than VA do.

AND THE BONUS IS, YOUR FLIGHT WAS CHEAPER SO YOU HAVE MORE MONEY TO SPEND IN FLORIDA.
I know you're right really and it'll be fine..lol I'm just in my 2 weeks to go panic mode!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 17, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

I have flown twice with BA in recent years and they are fine. Yes the planes are older but I have just returned with Thomas Cook in premium economy and can honestly say that the exit seats on BA are much better that. We are booked to return from Miami with BA again next year. If you can get the exit seats, it's well worth it. I find that the BA crew are normally a bit older and have always been nice.
Our flight out to Miami is operated by American Airlines who I never flown with before, so that will be a new one for me. Can anyone tell me what AA are like?
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 17, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

We've flown with BA over the past 3 years and are flying again with them on Friday. Economy is fine, in fact we quite like it - it's a means to an end for us. We flew back PE recently and I have to say I did like it but we got it for a good price and I would never pay the prices they've quoted me recently for it. The drinks service is great, we usually just ask for doubles at the first time of asking and that does us for the trip as we also usually get 2 bottles of wine with dinner (return journey only for DH as he has to drive when we get there, but DS collects us on the way back). We've never had an issue with the IFE but we've usually got movies/tv progs downloaded to the iPad in case there is nothing we fancy. I don't think you've got anything to worry about, enjoy the flight and have a fab holiday.
Old 6 Dec 17, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
It will be fine, don't worry, it's just out of the two I prefer VA! You might find your flight is excellent!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List