Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jan 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Thelostprincess
Excited about Disney

Thelostprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Introduction and universal question

Hello everyone! I'm new to this side of the dibb as it's usually DLP that I've had questions for but I'm finally going to WDW and it's my first time so I'm sure you'll see lots of questions from me (sorry in advance!) so I thought I'd say hello.

I'm not going until November 2020 and I will be going with my boyfriend, our 6 year old son who will be 8 when we go and our 2 year old twin girls who will be 4! We're also going with my partners family so there will be 10 of us all together. My partner and his family have been a few times but not for atleast 10 years.

We have 2 weeks booked, staying in a villa, 10 min drive from the park. We also want to do universal so my question is how many days do you think we need at universal? I'm disney obsessed so I'm thinking a 2 day ticket at universal is enough. Thoughts?
Thelostprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

I think a 2 day ticket will be plenty. Also the ages of the kids are perfect ! They'll love it
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Thelostprincess
Excited about Disney

Thelostprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Robblps View Post
I think a 2 day ticket will be plenty. Also the ages of the kids are perfect ! They'll love it
Thank you! I'm hoping they'll all be good ages. They're all relatively disney obsessed , naturally and my son is in to everything it seems so universal will be perfect. The 2 day ticket saves some money and gives us more disney time so it's good to hear it can be done in2 days.
Thelostprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Thelostprincess View Post
Thank you! I'm hoping they'll all be good ages. They're all relatively disney obsessed , naturally and my son is in to everything it seems so universal will be perfect. The 2 day ticket saves some money and gives us more disney time so it's good to hear it can be done in2 days.
You will want the two day park hopper ticket (or whatever they call it nowadays) so you can do either park in the same day and also ride the Hogwarts express (you can't get on it without a multi park ticket)

If you buy a UK 14 day ticket before you go they really aren't much more expensiv than the two day ones - and then you can opt to head over to universal on more than two days (for instance universal offers free parking after 6pm - the other week we went in at 6pm and had "done" universal studios by 9pm close. Now we've been many times so we mean did the rides rather than went in the shops and shows when we say done - but it's an option for what would then be a free evening trip
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
angel_eyes
Trainee Dibber

Our son was eight during our first visit. Due to his height, he missed out on a couple of the coasters at Universal but he thoroughly enjoyed the ones he could (including Rip Ride Rockit, which made me gulp!). We managed both parks in one day but with two younger ones in tow, I would say two days will be perfect.

It might also be worth taking a look at a night's stay at one of the premium hotels for the early entry to Harry Potter and included front of line passes (you will still need gate tickets). The cost of a room for one night will almost certainly be cheaper than paying for FOLP for five people on two days.