Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Jan 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Steveje
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile FOP ride latest entry?

Going in 3 weeks. Not been for 12 yrs so cannot wait. Unable to get fast pass to date for FOP.
What's the latest entry to park from close time to target FOP ride.. thinking of doing this on one of my Disney days. Either that or rope drop. If I have to wait in line one day we will as we have to get on this ride at least once. 3 of us... any tips please?
Steveje is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post

If you rope drop FOP you'd need to be there AT LEAST an hour before park opening to not have much of a wait when the park opens (and check for EMH - use them to your advantage if you're staying onsite (one hour before park opening rule will still apply), or avoid them if you're not as the queue will already have built up by the time you get into the park).

On the other side of it, you can join the queue until the park closes, but it's hard to judge how long the wait will be. It's not uncommon for the wait time at the end of the night to be overestimated to put people off joining the queue. We joined what was marked as a 90 minute queue 45 minutes before the park closed, and we were off within 45 minutes, including preshow and riding.

It's an amazing ride, so well worth a wait - but I personally wouldn't wait more than 100 minutes for it (less if I could help it, but 90 minutes was the shortest queue we saw all trip!).
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

You can get in queues up to a minute before closing, although they may close it early if there's a long wait already in line and are concerned about getting them through - particularly if it's an after hours night. I'd aim for maybe half an hour before.

RD would be my choice though, as you may queue for an hour, but it's all before the park opens so not wasted time. Good candidate for the first few days of a trip, when you'll likely be up early due to jet lag anyway.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
kingphil
slightly serious Dibber

So if Animal Kingdom has morning EMH it's still advisable to get there at 7am ?
Old 21 Jan 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
We did rope drop twice over Christmas, so likely worst case scenario re crowds.

First Day:
Park opened at 8:00am. Parked just before 7:00 and were through security at just past 7:15. By 9:30am we were leaving the park having done FOP, Navi and EE.

Second Day:
Park opened at 9:00am. We got a bit delayed and were parking at 8:15. By the time we go to the end of the queue it was back to Africa, just beside the Lion King show. We decided not to wait.

I think the later the opening, the earlier you need to be there as more people are likely to do the same.

For an EMH morning you 'might' get away with slightly later but for the sake of 30m, if we were to do it again, we'd go as early as practical. Means than when you get off, Navi will still be short if you want to do that also.

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List