Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jul 17, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Chapek explained. Guests wouldn’t wear flip flops and shorts; they’d wear Star Wars costumes.
Does that mean every time someone wants to go and visit the theme parks they'd have to change from their Star Wars costumes into flip flops and shorts and then back into costume when they came back to the hotel? Because I'm not sure I'd want to wear a costume in the Floridian spring-summer-autumn heat. I suppose the women could wear a Princess Leia-style gold bikini?

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
if you hate it, you'll still go for a nosey around.
Except people wearing Mickey Mouse t-shirts and shorts noseying around the resort will ruin the immersive environment. Unless they are going to be handing out costumes for every nosey visitor?

I quite like the idea of a Star Wars themed hotel. Just not one where there are rules and restrictions on what guests wear and how guests "interact".

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 17, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Does that mean every time someone wants to go and visit the theme parks they'd have to change from their Star Wars costumes into flip flops and shorts and then back into costume when they came back to the hotel?
At $1,000 per person* for a 2 night stay, I really don't think people will be leaving the hotel. It will be a 2 day and night experience. Rather than a place to crash while doing the parks.

* Figure quoted by the press.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 17, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Except people wearing Mickey Mouse t-shirts and shorts noseying around the resort will ruin the immersive environment. Unless they are going to be handing out costumes for every nosey visitor?
yep id imaging that nosey around will involve some kind parting of a Galactic Knaargh or a few Imperial Credits. for example as you do when you book an adr. Perhaps dinner at the cantina costing $250 would cover the cost of a few coverall uniforms

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 17, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Just back after 2 weeks free qsdp and B&C - I can do a good jabba impression - no uniform required

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 17, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Does that mean every time someone wants to go and visit the theme parks they'd have to change from their Star Wars costumes into flip flops and shorts and then back into costume when they came back to the hotel? Because I'm not sure I'd want to wear a costume in the Floridian spring-summer-autumn heat. I suppose the women could wear a Princess Leia-style gold bikini?

Oh can you imagine .

I quite like the idea of a Star Wars themed hotel. Just not one where there are rules and restrictions on what guests wear and how guests "interact".
I agree that the concept is amazing but the immersion not so much.

Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
At $1,000 per person* for a 2 night stay, I really don't think people will be leaving the hotel. It will be a 2 day and night experience. Rather than a place to crash while doing the parks.

* Figure quoted by the press.
I think I'd pay that for a special occasion but the whole Westworld vibe is freaking me out!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 17, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Hopefully not *too* much like Westworld!

Did Disney just figure out how to build a hotel room with no windows and get people to pay a premium for it? Genius!
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 17, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

Wow when can I book
Old 18 Jul 17, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Neep
Apprentice Imagineer

woah - interesting concept! i think it would only work if the whole of your party were in to it!

would like to consider other options though - a beauty and the beast theme?
Old 18 Jul 17, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

I love the idea of the hotel, but not the immersion into character - Westworld freaked me right out so I'd not want to get that involved, but would like to stay in the hotel.
Old 18 Jul 17, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
smoggy123
Apprentice Imagineer

smoggy123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The very thought of this makes me feel claustrophobic! Not for me in the slightest, I like to see daylight. I'll stick to Old Key West
Old Key West JULY/AUGUST (18 nights, with a Universal hotel thrown in somewhere!) 2015
Old Key West JUNE 2020 (2 WEEKS)
smoggy123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List