Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Dec 17, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

[QUOTE=Persnicketty;12969636]
Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
No, the majority of BAs fleet is very good with good cabins, ife and service. The B&S routes however are different class, BA like virgin, cater business flights and routes with better aircraft, as do many other airlines, AA for example.[/QUOTE

Struggling a bit with your reasoning Warkman.

A lower standard of economy is acceptable on "bucket and spade" routes versus economy on other routes from the same airline?

And passengers should accept it without complaint?

We have very different views if so. 😁
Whether or not people “accept it without complaint” doesn’t really matter. BA won’t change things just because people complain. Many people who complain will continue to fly with them because their prices are very competitive. (in the main).
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Didgey View Post
You do know BA dont actually control the baggage handlers?

I have flown both and say in economy they are comparable and similar in both offering and service. Would say BA are actually better in their service compared to that of VA.

Depends where you are flying from as planes will differ as to recommend a seat.
Not sure about the baggage handlers... but I know I paid BA to get me and my luggage to various locations in the last few years... 5 times now it has fallen down on the luggage part.

At the end of the day I would probably go with the cheapest as its a mode of transport but would choose VA if they were cost comparable
Moz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
dizzzy
Very Serious Dibber

dizzzy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We've flown a couple of times with Ba to Orlando and have found them fine. Yes the planes are in need of a refurb (which is starting soon) but we found them to be alright. My daughter needs assistance on the flight and they have always been fantastic with that.

We're flying with Virgin next year but only because they fly direct from Manchester and the flight prices were good. In fact my mum still wanted to use Ba as we've had no problems with them but flying from Manchester is so much easier for us.

After speaking with both Ba and Virgin special assistance so far Ba have been better. I sent Virgin an email and one of the things I mentioned is that we like to board the plane last as this makes things so much better for my daughter. Their reply said "to make things easier you can board the plane first"
dizzzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We flew economy with BA in August. It was ok... nothing to shout about really.
I'd choose Virgin given the choice and if the price was right but I would prob use BA again if the price was better.

Service not as good as Virgin but if the price was lots more for virgin I think we'd cope with BA again!

We had chicken curry both ways, the food was much nicer on the way out than the way home. Flight staff were nice enough.
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We got home yesterday and being honest no I wouldn't choose BA again over VA..I really didn't like the flight at all,tired plane,mostly miserable crew,not saying VA are anything special these days and their planes are old too but given the choice of the two I'll always go VA. I really missed having the VA extra legroom seats too..thankfully Virgin next time.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Our best flights recently were direct with Thomas Cook from Glasgow. Paid £375 each , seats comfy, crew excellent (Scottish of course) 😗
Olanecwas new and good was good. Except return breakfast which is awful any flight we are on.
Old 13 Jan 18, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
Our best flights recently were direct with Thomas Cook from Glasgow. Paid £375 each , seats comfy, crew excellent (Scottish of course) 😗
Olanecwas new and good was good. Except return breakfast which is awful any flight we are on.
Never had a decent return breakfast..our offering was a stale cream cheese bagel and some birdseed breakfast bar..lol I was starving for my Spoons breakfast in Gatwick.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I flew with 4 different airlines last year and BA was terrible compared to Qatar/Singapore. Planes were old (especially compared to the sparkling new A350s that Qatar was flying), service was lacking in comparison, and Qatar/Singapore even provided amenity kits with things like a toothbrush/toothpaste and socks/eye mask/etc. Furthermore, BA was the only airline out of the 4 that charged for seat selection, and it also had the least amount of free baggage allowance included. BA also almost overcharged me for extra baggage (BA staff member at MCO said my payment for extra baggage was valid all the way to my final destination; BA staff member at LHR disagreed and wanted me to pay another additional fee at LHR!)

That being said, I'm flying with BA again in a couple of weeks - mainly because it has the most direct connections for the stops I'm making, and the price was decent...

Edited at 10:28 PM.
sky13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 04:09 AM  
Link to this Post
TICH1952
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
Flew back with BA in August, the crew were far more pleasant than VA crew have ever been, meals pretty much the same as VA with wine included. Plenty of drinks service, not so good ife, plane in need of a refurb. We'll fly with whichever who offers the best price.
I have always found BA cabin crew more pleasant than Virgin but maybe I am a bit biased as my daughter is a cabin manager with BA 😊
TICH1952 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 05:44 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by yorky View Post
I think in comparison to 10/15 years ago they have gone backwards big style in every department. However we still use them just because they offer good value for money and they still get us from A to B safely.
That could be said of most carriers , it's a cost cutting race to the bottom.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List