Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 25 Jan 18, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
I was initially put off Volcano Bay by the poor reviews it got when it first opened as it seemed so disorganised and chaotic. When we stayed at Cabana Bay last year a few weeks before Volcano Bay opened we were really surprised how much construction they still had to do to finish it, and also how small it looked from our hotel and from the road.

Glad to see some comments above that Dibbers have had good experiences at the park. When I was pricing up Universal park tickets, including Volcano Bay on the 14 day tickets is literally only a couple more dollars so sounds ‘worth it’ on that front, although I would still be very reluctant to pay full gate price for entry.

The idea of getting in early as hotel guests and getting everything done early before it gets to busy definitely appeals too. A no-brainer I think as a Uni hotel guest when only paying a few dollars for it, but not sure I would travel from outside Universal for it.
If you are staying onsite the early entry really is the way to go, we had 2 great mornings at VB getting everything we wanted to do done. I will say that when were leaving around lunchtime it was very busy with long wait times for certain things and we were glad to be leaving, I remember thinking as we were walking past the people going in that I wouldn't fancy going in now.

One tip I would say is go to VB in your swim gear if staying onsite, nearly everyone on our bus did and you can go straight to the sunbeds dump your stuff and off you go.
Old 25 Jan 18, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by elmspenguin View Post
If you are staying onsite the early entry really is the way to go, we had 2 great mornings at VB getting everything we wanted to do done. I will say that when were leaving around lunchtime it was very busy with long wait times for certain things and we were glad to be leaving, I remember thinking as we were walking past the people going in that I wouldn't fancy going in now.

One tip I would say is go to VB in your swim gear if staying onsite, nearly everyone on our bus did and you can go straight to the sunbeds dump your stuff and off you go.
Thank you, sounds good .
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Spooks Dad
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by elmspenguin View Post
Yes as said above you get in an hour early, we stayed at hrh last August and all the hotel guests from each onsite hotel could actually get in at 730 for a 9am opening. I recommend using the early entry we rode everything we wanted before park opening including 3 goes on the coaster on both our visits without having to get a return time, from about 930 onwards we had to get return times for most things but not all. We found by getting there early we could leave about 12.30 and felt we had done everything we wanted.
We got the bus from the hotel to VB just after 7am both visits.
Originally Posted by johnandmaz View Post
No folp for onsite guests but there is early park admission. One hour before park opening.
Thank you both. Much appreciated.
Spooks Dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List