Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Jan 18, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks - for replies, appreciated
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
RobertWestwood
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
We plan insofar as deciding which park to go to first but no more than that. The fact that you have the front of line passes which cover almost everything in the parks and that these are unlimited use means you can more or less go with the flow.

The Hogwarts Express is great as it allows you to travel between the parks and saves a trek between the two.

The only thing we definitely do is have a break when it gets too hot or busy and leave the water rides to the evening so that we are not soaked through while riding other rides

She is much more intelligent than me
RobertWestwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 18, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

No no need I don't think so.

We go in August and we don't have folp either and we get everything done and we don't queue much either - certainly not 2 hours.

The only thing we do is to go around the park in such away that we end up at Hogsmeade or London so that if we're going to the other park we can use the Hogswart Express!

They have boards in the parks so that you can find out the wait times.

One tip you may find useful is when Universal Has the parade on, then you may find rides like Minions will be quieter.

Xx Ff xx
FloridaFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 18, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
We've only visited Universal in the height of summer. We would get there for park opening, didn't have FOLP and just went with the flow really. We didn't miss out on anything and didn't experience huge wait times.
Old 20 Jan 18, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

We didn’t plan either! I’m not a big fan of planning my order of rides, I don’t mind picking some fast passes for rides in Disney, but I’d never make a plan of what ride we were going to go on when. Personally I preferred wandering around universal and discovering the rides as they came along and making a decision based on the queue as to whether to ride there and then or not. It made the whole thing rather relaxed.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

I never really plan for universal, we just walk round the parks and they lead onto the next attraction. They aren't actually that big compared to Disney so if its not busy you can get around them quite quickly. We've just got back and spent two 3/4 days doing both parks, then went back to re-do stuff, plus a 3/4 day at Volcano Bay.
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mysteryjimbo
Imagineer

I seem to be the exception here. I did plan for last years trip to Universal.

We stayed at RPR for two nights so we had express pass but I still came up with a loose plan. It was two half days and making use of the hogwarts express; essentially mirrored plans with each day covering a different half of each park. To be fair it was a loose plan but we did get tons of stuff done including a few things we haven't done before.

Any additional days were unplanned as we'd already ticked all of the main boxes.
Old 28 Jan 18, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
snowdrop100
Excited about Disney

we have a loose plan for our trip next week. havent been before so we like to check out height restrictions etc in advance to save kids disappointment.

hoping that the planning will allow us time at RPR pool for a couple of hours as we are only staying on night there for the FOLP.

I actually feel uneasy not planning and just winging it
snowdrop100 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List