Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Jan 18, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom and Epcot

We're off to Orlando in May this year and have 2 days set aside to do Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom and Epcot. We were thinking of one full day in one of the parks then spending half a day in each of the others. We have been before in 2015 but any suggestions on which park you think would be best for the full day and which for the 2 x half days?
Thanks in advance
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Definitely AK for me loads to do x
Old 21 Jan 18, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

I'd have a look at the rides and shows and decide what appeals to you most, eg would you want to see Illuminations, Rivers of Light or Fantasmic of the evening shows? Epcot you would really need a day for if you wanted to do rides and go round the World Showcase, but I know not everyone is an Epcot fan!
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

For me, AK is the full day park. But you're going in May, so there's all the Flower & Garden festival happenings at Epcot which need a bit more time if you want to go "around the world" and sample the booths. And with only two days, one of the evening shows will have to be cut.

What I think I would do is go to AK on the first day. Rope drop Pandora since its the newest (and many say best) thing on property at the moment. Then do the rest of the park. At this point you'd need to make a choice - Rivers of Light or Fantasmic/SW fireworks. If you want to see ROL, stay in AK. Otherwise head over to HS for the show and maybe some rides if you have time - depends how quickly you got around AK.

Day two, rope drop HS if you didn't go the day before or have rides left to do. TSL probably won't be open unless it's later in the month, so you can get around the current attractions pretty quickly. Once done, get the boat over to Epcot. This will take you through IG which is perfect to start sampling the WS. Do some rides and again choose between Illuminations or heading back to HS if you didn't catch those shows the night before.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Another vote for AK. I'm not sure Epcot is very doable in half a day either, but if you start early you could cover a lot of it. AK is full of so many things I wouldn't want to miss nowadays.
Old 22 Jan 18, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisblanc
Apprentice Imagineer

If you were last in Disney in 2015 you haven't seen Rivers of Light or the new Star Wars fireworks, did you do Illuminations and Fantasmic?

You need a full day to do any of the parks, but depending on when in May you are going and if you care about seeing fantasmic and the Star Wars fireworks, I'd suggest the full day in Animal Kingdom on day one, then get there for rope drop in DHS, get round the rides as quick as you can using FPs and then up to Epcot as soon as you can for the rest of the day.

It all just depends on preferences really.
Old 22 Jan 18, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thanks all. We definitely want to do Fantasmic as we didn’t do this last time. Are the Star Wars fireworks at HS too? Think we might do full day AK then may a call about ROL or over to HS for Fantasmic then the next day start at HS and finish at Epcot if time. Not the biggest Epcot fans... my boys mainly want to go to do Test Track. Is ROL at AK worth staying for?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

If Epcot is mainly for TT instead of WS, I would reverse the order and start there for rope drop and then go to HS for the rest of the day. SW fireworks are at HS, you might be able to see both on one evening depending on the times - they often put them back to back so it's a push to see both.

I haven't seen it yet, but from all reports - ROL is pretty but not a "wow" show compared to others. I would guess that most boys would like the SW fireworks a lot more.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 18, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Yeah I agree with others. AK for rope drop and stay the full day.

If you want to do Fantasmic, it'd have to be early doors at Epcot and then over to DHS in the evening. I'd do all your FP at DHS and not Epcot.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List